What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha RX-A1000 or RX-A2000 (1 Viewer)

airman23

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthonyc
Hello all. I'm trying to decide on which reciever to buy. I've been looking at both models and trying to decide which one to choose. Newegg has a sale on the A1000 for $685.00 shipped. Apart from the A2000 having a but more wattage per channel and an extra zone for speakers and 12volt triggers which I would not use anyway what is the compelling augument for getting the A2000 over the A1000. I'm driving a pair of NHT SuperZero's as my front speaker right now but I hope to upgrade to maybe a pair of B&W 685's or perhaps CM1's later on. Are the Burr Brown D/A converters in the A2000 better than the A1000? Is the ultra low jitter in the A2000 significantly better than the ultra A1000? And will it be apparent in audio quality? Is the video processor in the A2000, the HQV 1900 the most compelling augument in favor of the A2000? and will it make all my SD media look significantly better. I know that both the A1000 and 2000 will upconvert SD to near HD resolution but does the A2000 do it noticebly better? Better enought to spend the extra money. I have a lot of old laser video disc and even some older VHS tapes that I still like to watch. Would this HQV 1900 really help in HD video processing and upconversion? My display is a SONY KDS-A3000 LCoS RPTV with HDMI v 1.3a. Please help me decide this issue. The reciever that I buy is the one that I'm going to have to live with for the next 3 years or so. Please help me make this important decision. Your prompt replies will be appreciated. Thanxs

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I doubt you would be able to see or hear the difference between the 1000 and 2000. For audio, even though the 2000 is rated at 25 more wpc they both have the same power consumption (490 watts). As for jitter reduction, I'm sure it helps but how much? and you've made it this far without it. And they both appear to have Burr-Brown DACS. The video processor does appear to be better but again, would you really notice it? You'ld almost have to have them both on hand to compare side-by-side. And your Sony display probably does as good a job of up-converting as the 2000 so you could set the video in the receiver to pass it through untouched and let the Sony do the conversions. If you had an Element or Westinghouse display it might be a concern. In short, if the 2000 doesn't have the features you would use to justify the price then the 1000 would most likely satisy you just as well. The 2000 does have a better remote and weights a whole 3 lbs more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks