What's new

Veronica Mars Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe it's finally time to see the premiere. Luckily I haven't been spoiled about who's at the door even though the footage leaked on the net and numerous articles have let it out of the bag. I feel very satisfied that I've avoided it :emoji_thumbsup:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Man, that was a crazy episode. Great start to the season!

Anyone wondering who the bad actress was playing "Miss Dumas," that was the most recent Top Model winner Naima.:D

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Man, that journalism post must be cursed like Defense Against Dark Arts at Hogwarts. Only DADA teachers usually make it through a full year. And don't take students with them when they meet their grisly ends (poor Meg).

So Tara Reid is going to play Logan's sister in the miniseries? Too good.

And Der Guttenberg returns!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked the way the writers ripped up last season's "alliances" and trumped up the antagonism amongst the principal guys (Weevil, Logan, and Duncan), as well as past female friend, Meg, and plunged us right back into a couple of mysteries with just the first episode (Logan's stabbing of one of Weevil's cronies, and the bus running off the road to its destruction).

Not sure if I like Veronica and Duncan, but looks like Logan has moved on quite nicely...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, at this point I don't know if anyone is good enough for her, although I did kind of like her and the deputy together.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great opener! Loved the introduction of new mysteries that are still connected to the events of last season (Lilly leading Veronica to Weevil and off the bus, etc). Great to see Charisma Carpenter back and bitchy. I'm still torn between this and Lost, but Lost is definitely bumped to the DVR.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, did Logan have anything to do with sabotaging the bus? He did leave with "I'll be missing you." to Veronica (and Duncan) as he skips the field trip on his way to "look" for Dick and Beaver at their house.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Did Dick say that his mom sent the limo over? I can't remember if he said mom or dad.

David Rosen

Agent
I was amazed by this premiere. I totally thought that I knew where the show was going and was a little unimpressed with the beginning, but damn... that final scene just sucked me back in with a curveball.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Rob Thomas really knows how to hurt the audience, doesn't he? Not only does he kill the show's nicest character, he does it while she and Veronica aren't getting along, so Veronica will likely wind up extra-special driven here. As soon as she figures out that this was a murder...

Good lord, don't even think that.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
The ending was severe but I thought what preceeded it wasn't all that great. It didn't flow all that well and seemed quite a bit jumbled. The editor dropped the ball in this one for me. Hopefully things will get back to normal now the stage is set for the season.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked this episode, it looks like we are in for another great season. The episode looked a little choppy, seemed like they needed to get a lot of information in the first episode. I am going to have to watch it again, for a couple of things like who all was on the bus,...

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

I believe that's the impression we were supposed to be left with, but I'm guessing he's a red-herring -- I think the real target was Gia, Steve Guttenberg's daughter.

The real question for me is whether Dick knew something was going to happen. As Veronica reminded us at the end, nothing in Neptune happens by chance, and it was a mighty lucky that Dick, Beave, Duncan, and Gia weren't on the bus at the end. But if he did know something was going to happen to the bus, the intended victim couldn't be Veronica or Gia, or else he didn't know who the target was supposed to be, since he invited both of them in the limo.

There is one other possible explanation -- when the class firts gets on the bus, Dick complains about an awful smell. At the time it seems like Dick being a dick, but perhaps the bus was sabotaged in way that left a nasty stench, and that's what prompted him to call his dad.

I just wonder how the bus could've been rigged so it wouldn't crash until the return trip.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Loved Keith telling Wallace to try rubbing his nipples.

Also, nice shout-out to Atom Egoyan's The Sweet Hereafter.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks