What's new

Veronica Mars question (1 Viewer)

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

Heh. Well, she did manage to do a few movies during last summer's hiatus and two of them are coming out soon: Pulse and 50 Pills. I think she actually did 50 Pills on the weekends when she was filming VM during the week. She must get by on very little sleep.

I think Rob Thomas was very lucky to get KB when he did, because she was already having some success in getting features (she did Spartan with Val Kilmer and William H. Macy right before VM), and in a couple more months she probably would have gotten some big lead movie role and left television behind her. Thank goodness she auditioned for VM because the show would not be the same without her.

ETA: And no, I'm not related to her. ;) I just think she's amazing and I root for her to be a big star in a world of Jessica Albas and Mischa Bartons.

Martin_K

Agent
So I picked up the first season. I just finished watching the 5th episode. Not bad, so far so good. Really like the mystery of Lilly's murder. But I can't help the idea, that Veronicas mother had something big thing to do with it.

Probably thats what they want you to think. Lillys' mother is quite shifty with the whole 'Duncan, don't forget your pill'.

this is probably amusing to the people that already know what happened. I'm beginng to enjoy the show...

Martin_K

Agent
So I picked up the first season. I just finished watching the 5th episode. Not bad, so far so good. Really like the mystery of Lilly's murder. But I can't help the idea, that Veronicas mother had something big thing to do with it.

Probably thats what they want you to think. Lillys' mother is quite shifty with the whole 'Duncan, don't forget your pill'.

this is probably amusing to the people that already know what happened. I'm beginng to enjoy the show...

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not giving anything away, but you're in for such a good time! The episodes just get better and better!!!!!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Me too.

Martin, i've described this show as being like a good suspense novel, you just need to keep turning the page to see what happens next, which is why I had no problem getting through the first season in 4 days. It seemed like before I knew it I had watched 4 episodes and was putting the next disc in my player lol. :)

I envy your position, there's nothing quite like discovering a great show and getting totally wrapped up in the mystery. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I bought the DVD set blind last year and it quickly become one of our favorite shows and Season Two held up the amazing quality.

Martin_K

Agent
Thats why I like DVD's, especially season sets. Thats how I got into LOST so much. Bought the set blind and watched it in 3-4 days. I no longer have cable so I must stop doing that. I'm trying to pace myself with this set, an episode or 2 a day, but its pretty hard.

I've been getting into alot of cancelled shows, that only have 13 episode sets. Which makes me cry, since I get into the show so much only to have 13 episodes ala Keen Eddie.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
TV on DVD is one of the greatest things ever I think. For any show with some sort of continuing arc, it's really served well watching the eps pretty quick on DVD.

Martin_K

Agent
Firefly is by far the best show ever!
Its got everything. Great action, story and also good humor.
I would certainly recommand it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just imagine when they reissue our favorite shows on HD DVD and Blu Ray, we could have the entire first season of VM on ONE disc and in high def! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I haven't followed the HD talk very much, but could you really fit all of the HD episodes on one disc? I figured you could have every episode on one disc in SD, but would still need multiple discs for HD.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
From what i've read in the latest issue of Sound and Vision, the storage capacity of these new discs is massive, they even said that a whole season of a show could easily fit on one disc. :emoji_thumbsup:

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
People here have compared it to Buffy and My So-Called Life, two series I've enjoyed on DVD, so my curiosity is piqued. I know it's a got a devoted fan following and the critics are behind it, so I'll have to rent S1 and give it a shot.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

I am a big fan of Freaks and Geeks, one of those short-lived and unappreciated shows canceled much too soon. Incredibly well done, realistic and most of all, hilarious. Especially funny to anyone who was in high school between 1975-1985 probably, but anyone who ever attended high school in any decade would probably find much to relate to.

Martin_K

Agent

I cought a few episode in the original run. I think its quite a funny show. I remember one episode, with one of the "geeks", going over to some girls house, she sat on the chair and he couldn't tell if it was squeaking or her farting.

Martin_K

Agent

I cought a few episode in the original run. I think its quite a funny show. I remember one episode, with one of the "geeks", going over to some girls house, she sat on the chair and he couldn't tell if it was squeaking or her farting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks