What's new

Pre-Order Van Helsing (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
179121_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Do you think studios are deciding to "4k" their flops in an attempt to recoup big loses from people who buy anything in 4K to support their new system? I picked this movie up in Blu ray from the $7.99 bin at Walmart some time ago. I have a high tolerance for schlock, and did not mind it, but sites like "Flixster" give this movie a ratings in the low 20%s, and it was generally regarded as "dead in the water" when it first premiered.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
"...from people who buy anything in 4K to support their new system"

I'm always amazed at how many folks do this, be it 4K, 3D etc. It can be the WORST movie ever made yet folks will scramble to buy it (even at premium prices) just to say they got it in the format they use. I'm sorry, but if I hated a movie before, I don't care how great the latest format is, it doesn't cause me to suddenly love the dog of a movie more. You can't polish a turd as they say.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It actually was not declared "dead in the water" on release. Its opening week gross was considered solid, but poisonous word of mouth kept it from taking off hugely. It grossed more than $120 million domestically and over $300 million worldwide on a $160 million budget. So, not a sterling success but not DOA either (not like, for example, John Carter or Alice Through the Looking Glass).

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I actually like this movie. No it isn't stellar but not a bad popcorn flick. However, that starting price is very high. I would like to see it in the $15 range. It is a catalog title. So I may just wait to buy it when it is there.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
It actually was not declared "dead in the water" on release. Its opening week gross was considered solid, but poisonous word of mouth kept it from taking off hugely. It grossed more than $120 million domestically and over $300 million worldwide on a $160 million budget. So, not a sterling success but not DOA either (not like, for example, John Carter or Alice Through the Looking Glass).

It's funny isn't it? I loved John Carter and always used it to demonstrate my system.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Whatever else you might say about Van Helsing, it features Kate Beckinsale running around in a leather bodice for almost the entire film. Bring on the HDR! :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I actually liked VH it in the theater - the CGI um sucked (IMHO) I can't imagine it would look any better in 4K ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks