What's new

Van Halen is back!! Tour date announced!! (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Here's the setlist they are going with:

Jump
Runaround
Humans Being
Up For Breakfast
Bass Solo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Poundcake
It's About Time
Drum Solo
Top Of The World
Unchained
Why Can't This Be Love?
Eagles Fly**
Deeper Kind Of Love**
The Seventh Seal*
Best Of Both Worlds
Guitar Solo
Dreams
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Right Now

Encore:
You Really Got Me
Panama
When It's Love

*Is rotated with new song, Learning to See
**Sammy solo spot

A lot of people seemed bummed that they are closing with
When It's Love. It does seem like an odd way to end a show.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Just wondering, what was the going rate for decent tickets when you guys saw them? In my area (mississippi was the closest they are playing to LA!) they had two prices, $70 and $90, problem was, by the time ticketmaster adds their fees, the $70 tickets looks more like $90 tickets...:angry:

I hope the show is good, I figure this will about one of the only times I get to see them as they have not toured much in the last few years...

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
All tickets in Oklahoma city were $100, be it on the floor or up by the roof. That's why I didn't go Sunday night. My wife checked Saturday night and they had broken the tickets down to four price ranges, floor were still $100, but the upper seats were dropped to $40. I guess they didn't sell so the promotor tried to get something for them. By then, I wasn't going to give VH any money.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

Yes, to make things worse, I just read an article on the web that says Ticketmaster will start auctioning off the better seats of course to make bigger profits. So, they will cut out the scalpers but in turn make Ticketmaster more wealthy. :angry:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
If VH wasn't asking for such a large guarantee, do you think the promoters would be asking that much?

A friend had an extra ticket to see Creed a couple of years ago. I'm not a fan of them, but Creed was huge then. I went with him, the place was packed and the stage show was huge. Tickets were $48. If Creed can tour for that, I think VH can as well.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Not sure what to think of the show. They played pretty much the same set list that Ive seen posted here, so nothing new to post there. Wolfgang was there and came out right on cue and jammed with his dad. They appeared very genuine and sincere towards the crowd, in fact, Sammy was signing so many freekin autographs he was late with some of the lyrics. The show kinda had a 'loose' feel to it and Eddie's solo was more or less him messing around for 5 minutes with little snipits of Eruption and Cathedral mixed in. IIRC, back in 1986, my experience was somewhat similar so its nothing new, and besides, I can throw in the cd and here the original any time I want to, so its nice when you see the artist experiment live, but parts of the solo were just noises. Oh God I hope Im not getting to old for this!:eek: Great show really, but very expensive and if I had to do it again, Im not that I wouldn't have taken my $105 and spent it on the re-masters and a live DVD. But that could be my age showing again. I still like live shows, just not as passionately as I did 15-20 years ago.

On a side note, anyone else do a :eek: whenever Eddie talks to the audience? 1st off, he's suppose to just play guitar like a witch and smile :) . Hearing him speak is like, holy shhh,, he does talk. Secondly, his actual voice is not what I imagined at all. Almost sounds like a screaming teenager. :D Just my observation.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Well my show isn't until September so I can't comment on it yet, but just to compare:

I paid almost the same price per ticket for the Eagles Farewell Tour (Yeah right, last show my arse!) awesome show BTW.

I paid almost the same price maybe a li'l lower to see Shania Twain, again great show.

As far as Creed, who really knew them 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago? At least Van Halen was around then. I am 43 and had VH tapes when I was a young punk. Now I'm not taking up for them or the cost of these shows, its like everything else, it just cost a lot of money. Heck, I took my two kids to see the Bourne Supremacy this past weekend at a local movie house.
$23 for tickets, $30 for gas for my SUV. $35 to eat. $15 at Starbucks afterwards to wrap up the night. It just cost a lot of money these days.:frowning: Some shows more, some less. In this case, these guys don't tour that much, unlike a lot of other artists, IMHO. I hope the show is good.:emoji_thumbsup: BTW-On the Eddie talking thing: didnt he just get over throat cancer? Maybe thats why his voice sounds odd?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I think he had tongue cancer, but I cant be sure. I guess that could be the reason for the strange voice. Glad he beat it though!:emoji_thumbsup:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Eddie has always had a squeeky voice.

I don't think 100 for floor seats is unreasonable. 100 for seats at the roof is. They could be selling out a lot more cities if tickets were more reasonable.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Okay, thats what I was thinking. And a good description too. We paid $105 and were not on the floor, but on club level. The seats were decent and club level definately has some advantages. I would have to agree with you though Kyle, if they lowered the ticket prices a little, they may have actually sold out Denvers concert. As it was, there were a scattering of seats empty at the upper levels, not a lot, but noticable. After some further retrospecting, I am really gald I went and would go again.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Regarding EVH's voice....

Really? I remember back when Van Halen/David Lee Roth was firing shots at each other after their MTV Music Awards "reunion", EVH did an interview in which his voice sounded just like what I expected....someone who chainsmoked for years.

EVH also surpised me with his seriousness, showing up in a white sweater and wire-rimmed glasses. I was thinking "What happened to the goofy guy with the smile?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks