What's new

V-Day ideas--Men Unite!!! (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Seeing as how I'm celebrating my second wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day, and seeing as how I have to work that day, what I'm planning to do is take my wife to dinner that evening, and I'm giving her a 2-disc DVD set of our wedding as a present. I think she'd like it a whole lot; we shall see!

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Get her one of those ones that elementary school kids give to each other. Snoopy is always a good choice.;)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

It would be nice to make the card yourself with your own sentiments and appropriate photo/artwork.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
This thread makes me laugh...the exercises in futility on this day is timeless hilarity.

Philip, I think you've written your own copy for the perfect card.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Well, I am single again this year, big surprise! But I got this for my mom, because my father never gets her anything good.

Maybe next year is my year!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Nice, Phil. Very elegant and classy. I'm not that big into Tiffany, but Elsa's take on the heart pendant is one of the best.

Hopefully next year (or sooner) is yours too...and with that display of thoughtfulness, I can't imagine why not.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Personally I think that the classic gifts are champagne, chocolate, cut flowers and (especially) lingerie.

But I’m not sure that any of those are ‘cool’.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Find a dayspa, and give a gift certificate. Works for me ;)

NEVER give undergarments, etc. unless you are super comfortable with how it will go over; nothing good about putting too much pressure on a young relationship, or having someone think she needs to "spice things up"

Buying sexy undergarments is basically seen as buying a gift for -you- as much as her, so I generally avoid unless I get the heads up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, send any of that junk if you're a stalker. Yeesh!

No, I stand by my reasoning: really be sure it will work. If you've been in a longterm relationship and you send any of that junk to people or nighties, etc. you better know how they will react.

Otherwise, prepare for the "is this some sort of put down of our sex life?" kind of speil.

At least that's my experience.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Well, so far the only thing I have done was mail her a V-Day card rather than give it to her tomorrow. Everyone likes to receive mail when it's not junk mail or bills.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator

If you play your cards right (card/flowers/chocolate/whatever)
Valentines day is Steak and BJ day :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Nah, V day is always her day. If she deems it sporting you might get one or both of those, but the flowers/cards/whatever are pretty much mandatory. I'm talking about a Steak/BJ day where that is the point of the day, no strings attached and no fooling around. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks