What's new

USPS to issue stamps (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
In February the USPS will be issuing a set of ten stamps to celebrate the motion picture industry. I think they look great, and I'm thrilled that E.T. got the nod for the special effects stamp. They can be seen here

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Cool, thanks for the heads up on that. I'll be sure to pick some of for display in the HT room.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
:) My title does have a bit of a "duh"-inducing factor to it doesn't it. :b I think the stamps look really cool and I will definately be getting them. I think I would probably buy them even if E.T. wasn't in there.

Could a mod please change the title to read "Super Duper Extra Special Really Neato Excellent Stamps Which Relate To The Movies". Either that or "Nekkid Girls". :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
From the title I was gonna say, "and this is news why?".

Now Damin, your line would be news. :D

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Anyone know who the persons in the Directing, Cinematography, Art Direction and Costume Design (Edith Head?) are?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Art Direction Perry Ferguson (1901-1963) completes a sketch of Kane Castle for "Citizen Kane," a 1940 RKO film.
Cinematography Shown is Paul Hill, an assistant cameraman for "Nagana," a 1933 film by Universal Studios.
Costume Design Edith Head (1898?-1981) holds a drawing of a dress designed for actress Janet Leigh to wear to an Academy Awards presentation.
Directing John Cassavetes (1929-1989) directs "Husbands," a 1970 film starring Peter Falk, Ben Gazzara and Cassavetes.
Film Editing J. Watson Webb (1916-2000) cuts film for "The Razor's Edge," a 1946 release by Twentieth Century Fox.
Makeup Makeup artist Jack Pierce (1889-1968) and an unidentified technician apply makeup to Boris Karloff (1887-1969) for "Frankenstein," a 1931 film by Universal Studios.
Music Shown is the right hand of Max Steiner (1888-1971), who created scores for such films as "King Kong," "Gone with the Wind" and "A Star Is Born."
Screenwriting Shown are famous words from the script for "Gone with the Wind," a 1939 MGM/David O. Selznick film.
Sound Gary Summers, a re-recording mixer for Skywalker Sound, combines sound effects, dialogue and music to create the final mix for a movie.
Special Effects Mark Siegel (1947-), a model maker for Industrial Light & Magic, sculptures a maquette for the 20th-anniversary release of Universal's "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial." (A maquette is a small preliminary model.)

Some of this was on the USPS site....I've added some dates from the IMDB. You need to be dead 10 years to be on a stamp, but if it's just your hand, they wave that requirement.
Paul Hill is an odd choice to represent cinematography, he barely had a career.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks