What's new

USPS cycling team->Discovery Channel Pro cycling team (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n04/jun15news3

ya know, this kind of sucks, I hope they don't mess with OLN's coverage of the three major stage races and the spotty US nationals. OLN seems to be 95% bull riding or fishing, but at least they have semi-live stages of the Giro, TdF, and the Vuelta. I can't imagine OLN still carrying cycling of a team whose title sponsor is the owners of the Discovery Channel.

Go Tyler!

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n04/jun15news3

ya know, this kind of sucks, I hope they don't mess with OLN's coverage of the three major stage races and the spotty US nationals. OLN seems to be 95% bull riding or fishing, but at least they have semi-live stages of the Giro, TdF, and the Vuelta. I can't imagine OLN still carrying cycling of a team whose title sponsor is the owners of the Discovery Channel.

Go Tyler!

Jay

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out their home page. They still have a big section devoted to Lance Armstrong and to the upcoming Tour.

And they are still promoting Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen (and Bob Roll) as reporting (at least on the U.S. Tour website).

Don’t know about the other events.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out their home page. They still have a big section devoted to Lance Armstrong and to the upcoming Tour.

And they are still promoting Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen (and Bob Roll) as reporting (at least on the U.S. Tour website).

Don’t know about the other events.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
yeah, well this year OLN is still a small sponsor in the team and USPS is still around, but next year, they'll become the Discover channel. However, Cyclingnews is now reporting something to the effect that OLN will still be a small sponsor and they'll still carry cycling events. But Lance will start to do some health and fitness programs on the Discovery Channels line of stations and OLN will still carry cycling.

My biggest worry is that cycling will move to the discovery channel and they might dumb it down for the masses (like somehow replace Phil and Paul, and to an extent, even Bobke).

Can't believe the Tour is already only like 3 weeks away....

Go Tyler!

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
yeah, well this year OLN is still a small sponsor in the team and USPS is still around, but next year, they'll become the Discover channel. However, Cyclingnews is now reporting something to the effect that OLN will still be a small sponsor and they'll still carry cycling events. But Lance will start to do some health and fitness programs on the Discovery Channels line of stations and OLN will still carry cycling.

My biggest worry is that cycling will move to the discovery channel and they might dumb it down for the masses (like somehow replace Phil and Paul, and to an extent, even Bobke).

Can't believe the Tour is already only like 3 weeks away....

Go Tyler!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks