What's new
World Wide Stereo

Using TIVO w/2 TV's (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
My objective is to utilize our TIVO in two rooms at different times.

The TIVO is located in room A with a coxial cable running from the "coxial out" to room B.

Please Note: To transmit commands from Room B to Room A I have installed a remote control signal extension device. The sending unit is located in Room B with the receiving unit located in Room A. The receiving unit's sensor is aligned with the TIVO's remote control sensor.

- First, in Room B I connected the TIVO coxial through the VCR, but found the picture quality lacking. The remote control extension worked flawlessly.

- Next, in Room B I connected the TIVO coxial to the cable input of the LG DirecTV Tuner. While the picture and sound quality were outstanding I could not control the TIVO with my extended remote.

My TIVO extension project is now at a standstill. Your advice and suggested solutions will be greatly appreciated.

728x90

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So you bypassed the VCR and connected it to a DirecTV Tuner? That shouldn't affect your remote control.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks