What's new

Using second receiver as an amp. or just buying a good amp. (1 Viewer)

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
If you connect 2 speakers in parallel, the impedance will be smaller the smallest, so if you connect to 8omhs the impedance at the end will be 4ohms which my receiver won't like it or if connect one 4 and one 8 ohms the impedance will be smaller then 4ohms (I don't have the time to calculate right know).

Now if I use separate amp or just my spare receiver I can connect the speakers to it and even addjust the highs and bass.

I am thinking to use 2pair of RadioShack LX-5 PRO which are known for their good high ends and cut the bass at about 150-200Hz

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
If you connect 2 speakers in parallel, the impedance will be smaller the smallest, so if you connect to 8omhs the impedance at the end will be 4ohms which my receiver won't like it or if connect one 4 and one 8 ohms the impedance will be smaller then 4ohms (I don't have the time to calculate right know).

Now if I use separate amp or just my spare receiver I can connect the speakers to it and even addjust the highs and bass.

I am thinking to use 2pair of RadioShack LX-5 PRO which are known for their good high ends and cut the bass at about 150-200Hz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks