What's new

Using my sub for music (1 Viewer)

cpmiller22

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hi all-I have a yamaha rx-v571 receiver, a 12" sub and 5 in-ceiling speakers. My surround sound for movies is working superbly with balanced sound and room filling bass during a good action movie.My challenge is that if I'm listening to music via a directv audio channel, or Pandora I can't find a way to have my system engage my sub during playback. This is especially noticeable it I'm playing dance music, or something that with a strong bass line. I'm not sure if there is a setting I'm missing on my receiver or something, but any help on getting my sub engaged in audio playback would be much appreciated!Thanks-Chris

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Did you run YPAO? It will likely set all your speakers to small for you automatically.What DSP mode are you using? I prefer All Channel Stereo myself, with the surround channels turned down somewhat, for music applications.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, running YPAO does not guarantee that your speakers will be set to small. I have bookshelf speakers and having run the EQ a few times, it had it set them to large more than once. ALWAYS check to see what settings the Auto-EQ made.

Make sure you don't have "pure direct" turned on as well, as this can bypass bass management.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks