What's new

Using HTPC for pre-movie audio/video show? (1 Viewer)

John Gates

Second Unit
Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking it would be cool to set up my HTPC to do a slide show or some kind of audio/video show before the movie starts (as guests are arriving). I'd like to sync up some music and slides (movie trivia, picutres and instructions, Coke advertisements, maybe some kind of video show that reacts to the music I'm playing).

Has anyone done this kind of thing with the HTPC?

If so, can it be done without disrupting the stability of the HTPC as a DVD platform? I truly expect nothing short of perfect playback, and I wouldn't compromise on that.

What kind of software can be used for this kind of application?

Thanks!

John

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thi is right: PowerPoint or other presentation software would work. Or, if you are so inclined, video-authoring software, animation creation tools, etc. should also work.

I think something like PowerPoint would be the easiest -- it's got tools specifically for pre-timed and non-interactive presentations. It provides for graphics, animations, sounds, and music. It will play in a full-screen mode. And is a stable program, that shouldn't cause any troubles with your setup.

John Gates

Second Unit
Dave and Thi:

Thanks! I thought about PowerPoint, but I was wondering if others had used something different. Does anyone else do anything like this with their HTPC? If so, what do you use?

Thanks again!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks