What's new
World Wide Stereo

Using Avia to calibrate Hue and color (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have a Sony CRT KP-57WS520. When using Avia to calibrate, is it ok to go back and forth between hue and color to get the best calibration? I've heard once you set hue, then go to color, that you should not go back to hue. Does it matter?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
back and forth and back and forth again then remeasure gray scale and screen uniformity and then .... :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
So, like everything else, there is a compromise or best "middleground" between the two.

Ronn.W

Second Unit
That's the way I look at it. Once I get it calibrated using a a disc, I always have to make a couple 'real world' minor adjustments to fit how I like the pic to look. Usually they are very minor, but I think tweaking is just part of the game.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It seems as if I optimize color saturation, color balance is then off slightly....and vice versa.

However, it's very slight.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
That is not unusual. If it is more severe, it may be due to redpush, ie. nonstandard color decoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks