What's new

using a america dvd player in england any advise (1 Viewer)

Chris Cathers

Auditioning
I will be moving to england for a while and would like to take my american DVD player. It has a 220 plug but I heard that I cant watch the movies there because there in a different region. How can I fix this problem.

thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Most US DVD players will pass a PAL signal, but you'll need a new TV there, and UK discs are region 2. There are shops in the UK that will chip your deck to remove region coding however

Chris Cathers

Auditioning
I have a samsung 909. Someone told me that you can by a program remote and somehow put a code in it that will allow it to work, or switch the regions. Have you ever heard of this.

Ok first of all you'll need a electrical transformer to play your dvd player in England. Our plugs are 3 pin not 2, so you'll need a converter.
Second, most medium priced television will accept a NTSC signal from your player.
Thirdly, dvds bought in the UK will be for region 2 use only and will not play in a region 1 machine unless it has been 'hacked' Also unless you're dvd player can output a PAL signal the player won't work as well.
Hope this answers your questions, if you have any more please post them and i'll try and help :)
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks