What's new

Use y-splitters with component video? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this is a DIY question or what.

I am going to order a Z3 or a AE700 one of these days but want to get my wiring squared away first. I already own a 65" Mitsu so I will need a splitter or switch to keep things simple for my wife and others who my ever attempt to run my HT System.

The Scenario
I have PS2,HDTV, XBox and DVD Player. I want to use a Audio Authority 1154 auto sensing switch to run the whole deal that way it can handle all the optical audio switching too. But I want to run this to both my projector and my TV. Can I split off each of the colors from mthe Audio Authority's Component out with Y Splitters and send a component cable to each the TV and the projector?

I realize I will get some degradation but many of the sites I have read say that it is negligable. The3 tow displays will never be on at the same time as the screen is in front of the TV.

I would go with a 4x2 Switcher but they don't have optical audio. I could live with that but I want to try the above option first.

FYI - I am trying to avoid the $400 Zektor and Extron boxes.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks