What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

US Open Golf HD? (1 Viewer)

R

RossTerry

Anyone know if this years US Open golf tournament will be broadcast in HD ala The Masters on CBS earlier this year??

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
How about this year? The 2005 Masters was the first tournament I'd seen in HD (having gotten my TV right after last year's Masters) and WOW!!! I never want to go back. I'd love to see all the majors in HD. Especially the British Open at St. Andrews. That would be spectacular.
And look, I used an old thread! Waste not, want not!
:D

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
There needs to be a lot more PGA events broadcast in HD, not just the majors. I used to watch golf all the time years ago but have been out of touch lately. If they had more available in HD that would certianly change. Is there a reason non-majors arent?

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I think it has to do with the number of HD cameras necessary to actually make it worth it for golf. The Masters had 40 HD cameras for example. Last year CBS did a lot of their events in "HD" but so few cameras were actually HD that it didn't work out well. I think they planned to do all (or most of) their events last year but at some point gave up on that. Could be wrong about that though.

Adam T

Agent
The Masters looked great in HD. Those overhead shots from the chopper previewing each hole was great too. Nothing like the outdoors and 1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks