What's new

UPN & WB on DTV (1 Viewer)

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Trevor,
Funny that you mention this. I just noticed that I now get UPN (wpwr in chicago) on Dish network. They must have just added it to my local channels package. I already got the WB though. I was glad to see this. Now I can see all the Star Trek Voyager episodes I missed.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it is funny that you should mention that. This was discussed a few weeks ago, and I think that the bottom line is that UPN and WB will be on DTV by the end of '02.
I heard the other day that my local CATV monopoly is going head-to-head with the sat systems. The sats have more channels and a clearer picture, but CATV has all of the locals and a weaker picture. I got basic cable only, but channel three is so bad that I went out and brought and indoor antenna for it.
When DTV offered their local package to me, I refused it saying that I can't unplug CATV until DTV offers all of the local stations. I'm sure others have done this too, and the local CBS is holding out as well. It's a mess! I'd love to tell CATV what they can do with their cable!
Glenn

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Some DTV suscribers get these. We get WB as part of out local pkg in L.A. but no UPN yet. UPN *is* available in other DTV markets such as NYC and Cleveland (I believe.)
The place I live provides basic cable but the qualitiy and service are so poor that I put up a DTV system. So, technically I can get UPN but it is hard to watching the noisey cable picture when I have gotten used to the nice clean one provided by DTV.
Now that BUFFY is moving to UPN, I have to go back once again to sub standard video. Sigh.
Deborah
------------------

Miranda Jones

Auditioning
I wish DTV did have WB and UPN in my area (Boston market) since I have Tivos, I'd like to get the combo receivers. But I can't live without the WB (and now UPN because of Buffy) so I went with Dish Network. I get 3 WB stations (NY, Denver, and LA) and 2 UPN stations (Boston and Denver) as part of their superstation package.
It will be interesting to see what happens with both of them if this whole rumor about Echostar buying DTV pans out.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks