UPN Falters in ratings...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 2, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Someone on the Entperise Newsgroup posted this one...
    http://medialifemagazine.com/news200...wednesday.html
    Two Problems: Program interuptions. As the article stated, Sports seem to be a number one priority for most networks. Why bother watching the programs if the network itself thinks so little of them?
    and Location Problems: How much of the country even HAS UPN to begin with? Would a show like Enterprise, if it brought something new to the Trek verse, do good on CBS?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You don't have to tell me about the sports problem

Sports need to be on their own PAY CABLE channel

3. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

WE don't get UPN down here in College STation anymore as of Spring Semester '02. It's retarded. I miss out on BUffy[​IMG]

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

A few years ago, when MWC and a few other Fox shows I liked where getting constantly interupted, some not airing untill 1 AM onward, I'd have agreed with you.
    But now that I don't watch as much TV, and tune in to an occasional sports game during the end of the season if a local team is on, I can see where that won't be such a popular idea. Even if I'm still for it [​IMG]. Why can't they schedule the games for noon? That way they won't interupt the prime time stuff.
    Speaking of games....those warnings during the commercials. They basically state "You can't do shite with this broadcast, in images or text, unless we say so." Why would they give so little freedom to fans who support them so much? Greedy sports people [​IMG].