What's new

Upgrading my receiver (1 Viewer)

migito

Auditioning
I have a Panasonic receiver that came with a HTIB. I have since upgraded my 3 front speakers to Polk RTi6 and CSi5 & my subs to Polk PSW404.

I was contemplating on upgrading my receiver to a denon 2805 or Onkyo SR702. Will I hear a noticeable improvement in sound quality if I upgrade (movies and music)? I don't really mind the extra features. I'm more particular about the sound quality and would like to know if its worth the investment.

By the way, I don't have access to stores that have demo units (ie. best buy, etc...) so I can't try before I buy.

JackS

Supporting Actor
If your Panasonic has a set of pre-outs, try connecting an outboard amp. Since your receiver is an HTIB, you may not have this connection available in which case (IMO), you should upgrade to a receiver that does.
Your next upgrade after the receiver should probably be an amp.
One step at a time is the norm for upgrades since your opinion may be much different a year from now. Good luck

MattJB

Auditioning
Also, if you are looking to upgrade for sound qualtiy, make sure to look at Harman Kardon receivers. They are known for their sound quality.

migito

Auditioning
Thank you very much. I think I will purchase an entry level receiver with pre-out and invest in a separate stereo amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks