What's new

Upgrades for 2002 (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
What do you have planned for upgrades this year... not counting the impulse items....

For me:

SVS CS+

Speakers... probably to Norh

Miles_W

Second Unit
Man, Donny that is a real kettle of fish for me. I just promised a friend of mine that I would not upgrade a thing next year, and here we are in December and I am already eyeing a new amp and SACD player D:

Maybe those will have to be impulse items...

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
DVD-ROM

By the end of this year, I'll be able to finally watch those great DVD-ROM features on Shrek, Superman: TM, Lawrence of Arabia, Snow White, The Abyss, T-2:UE, etc

Dan Smith

Agent
I'm going to start building up my 2-channel stereo system (withing my H/T system). I'll be getting:
  • SimAudio Amp to replace my Yamaha
  • Audio Refenement Pre/Pro (or if I have the bucks and can find a deal the SimAudio Attraction Pre/Pro) to replace my Onkyo Pre/Pro
  • Still can't decide on a $1500 CD Player (Maybe Linn Genki, Vectur, Audio Ref., ...)
  • And of course SPEAKERS. I can't seem to decide on them either... Dynaudio, Paradigms Ref., Totems...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
depending upon finances, tax returns...:

16:9 hdtv (probably the pioneer sd-533-hd5)

5 channel amp (anthem mca-5 mkII or sherbourn 5/1500a)

studiotech audio rack

maybe:

svs 25-31pc

i might wait til 2003-ish to see about a good pre/pro. waiting on the 950 for reviews but i'd really like more info on outlaws high-end pre/pro which we probably won't see until 2004 or 2005 the way the 950 is moving along.

kevin t

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Planning to upgrade from:

27" Sony Trinitron (non-Wega)

Sony S-330 DVD Player

to:

Toshiba 42H81

JVC XV-SA70BK Progressive-scan player

I can't wait!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I don't think i'll be upgrading anything on my system next year, but who knows?
My dad has asked me if I can help him create an entire new system at his place. This is going to be a fun year for me, and I don't have to spend money :) I guess i'll be going back to his place more and more cause I know its going to be better than mine.

JohanK

Second Unit
I am going to take a break from the upgrade bug in '02. I've got a decent setup now; only piece missing is a nice HT preamp which I can't afford.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Hopefully I will be upgrading to an HD ready RPTV and prog scan DVD player. I am also looking at a new receiver that will allow me to experience DTS. I am looking closely at the Denon 28/3802. THis will then make me want to get a rear center speaker. After that is done I will look into an SVS. It is an endless cycle. The TV and DVD player most likely though.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm Looking at

Speakers .. Paradigm of course. Either Monitor nines or Ref 20 or 40

Possible 5 channel amp … ATI 1505 or the like

Brent Lowery

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My next upgrade will be a btter TV and Im not even too concerned about that right now.

I really wish Sony would make a black Wega, becuase Id buy one right away.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
TV will be my next upgrade. Something in the area of 65" HD-Ready. I've got a prog-scan player, now I need the TV to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks