What's new

Upcoming games that you're looking forward to (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Morgan Jolley said:
Unfortunately, Russell, I believe No Man's Sky has PvP combat. You can pick a side and then fight (alongside NPCs) but there is a PvP aspect.

Lame sauce. Heaven forbid someone try something different where the goal is actually positive. Shame.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think you can also avoid the PvP stuff. They seem to be going with a "space game kitchen sink" approach and want to include anything they can that someone would want in a space exploration game.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Here's hoping. I've never gotten into that online PVP, Warcraft blah blah stuff. Elder Scrolls Online has piqued my curiosity, but the battle faction stuff turned me off. I just want to bomb around exploring with my mates. :S

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
This seemed the most appropriate thread to post this news in. It sounds like the inevitable Bioshock collection is happening.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/bioshock-collection-rated-ps4-xbox-one-pc-ps3-xbox-360-brazil

Sort of surprised to see it apparently slated for the 360 and PS3 as well. Judging by how common these have been in the bargain bins thanks to the popularity of this franchise and their large print runs, it has to be close to saturation there at this point.

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
more info came out about No Man's Sky for the PC/PS4. I was excited for this, but now I don't know. It sounds cool, bombing around a universe exploring, but having no real end game or plot has me wondering "what's the point?" This may be caused by me feeling like I have to scan all the planets in my current run on Mass Effect 2.

I'll wait for more reviews and see if it becomes a PvP sh*tshow. If it is people working together to map and explore a fake universe, I might still be interested. the blurb on IGN on a 30 minute play through sounded pretty cool (though it is IGN, hardly impartial reporting...) despite ultimately pointless.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Well it looks like I'm going to have to put off getting a PS4 for a while. The windshield in my wife's new car got shattered by a rock from a truck on the interstate. The cost of a new one is just over the price of our comp deductable so our insurance company denied to cover it and I have to pay over $500 out of pocket to replace it. Perhaps this summer I will look at it again.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That sucks! In Florida (and many other states, IIRC), insurance is required to cover windshield replacement for any damage 100%, regardless of your actual plan. And with no increase to your premium. It's a safety issue.

You get a little crack, just call a windshield guy, and they come out and replace it on the spot. No muss, no fuss (for you, anyway).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
more info came out about No Man's Sky for the PC/PS4. I was excited for this, but now I don't know. It sounds cool, bombing around a universe exploring, but having no real end game or plot has me wondering "what's the point?"

Hey, Destiny made a mint without a plot or a real ending.

Well, OK, *technically* there's a "plot." Eraserhead had one, too. :D

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
That sucks! In Florida (and many other states, IIRC), insurance is required to cover windshield replacement for any damage 100%, regardless of your actual plan. And with no increase to your premium. It's a safety issue.

You get a little crack, just call a windshield guy, and they come out and replace it on the spot. No muss, no fuss (for you, anyway).

Unfortunately Arkansas leaves it up to the insurance company. We have Shelter Insurance and carry a $500 comp deductable but the windshield has different rules from the rest of the car. If it's a chip or small crack which can be repaired for under $500, it's out of pocket. If the repair is over $500, pay the deductable and insurance covers the rest (supposedly) without a premium bump. If the chip/crack is not repairable and the windshield requires replacement, it is not covered and is 100% out of pocket.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's odd that they cover repair but not replacement (I would argue that windshield replacement IS a repair). And that the state lets them get away with it.

Well, not really odd that the state allows it. Sigh. . .

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm debating buying that so my wife could play it. She thought the idea was hilarious, but I don't think she could do a first person game (bad motion sickness).

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Lego Dimensions is getting some classic Midway arcade figures that unlock 23 arcade classics in the game.

I really wish that Lego Dimensions interested me just about now, since I want these since several are favorites that were left off Origins that I'd love to be able to play in HD on current hardware.

And one of these, Blasteroids (which was mid to late 80's Atari Games sequel to the classic Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe), has never seen a emulated release in this era of classic arcade compilations that stretches back over 20 years now to the earliest days of the original Playstation.

But I can't justify this one since it will end up costing over $100 for what amounts to 1 new game. I'm nuts, but not quite that nuts.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I finally picked up a PS4 Black Ops III bundle yesterday and spent a while playing last night. Well.... That is, after about a half hour or so of installing the game. Then the 10GB update patch started downloading which didn't finish until sometime early this morning while I was asleep. My initial thoughts on Black Ops III... Meh. Nowhere near as good as Call of Duty 2 or Modern Warfare II were on the 360. It's dull and full of forced cutscenes (at least I haven't figured out a way to skip them) and I can't see me playing it much. I will probably end up deleting it from the HDD to free up room. I spent a few hours poking around the online store and downloaded 101 Ways to Die which is fun but gets repetitive and complex very quickly. Currently I'm downloading Guns, Gore & Cannoli and I'm probably going to get Layers of Fear and the port of Final Fantasy VII in a day or two as well as pick up Transformers Devastation this afternoon at GameStop.

I was hoping some of the better PS2 and PS3 games would be ported over but it doesn't look like that has or is going to happen.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
PS2 titles are trickling out. Rockstar seem to be pushing more than others. I think we're screwed with PS3 games going to PSNow.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, PS3 games will only be on the PS4 as either remasters (The Last of Us, Uncharted collection, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain have done this) or through PS Now.

Just a note, the FFVII port has 3 cheats that you can use to make the game easier/more fun. One disables random battles, one speeds up the game (for when you're running to get somewhere or long summons in battles), and another basically makes you invincible in battles. And turning these cheats on does not disable trophies.

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
All for PC. Not interested in owning a PS4 or XBONE. Unless if the PS4 got a Katamari game and I already know there's YAKUZA whichever number released onto it. Don't care about current consoles much anymore. Unless if it's older then I go for emulation. Certainly not interested in Final Fantasy VII, original or enhanced remake.

Cyberpunk 2077
DEUS EX: Mankind Divided
MAFIA III

I forgot the rest. Hopefully some more PC exclusives.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks