What's new

Upcoming Faccia A Faccia blu-ray incorrect run time? (1 Viewer)

riotengine

Grip
Real Name
Greg Espinoza
Just read that Kino-Lorber will be releasing Sergio Sollima's excellent spaghetti western, Faccia A Faccia, (Face To Face) with Gian Maria Volonte and Tomas Milian

That got me excited till I read the run time listed on Amazon for the Blu-ray is listed at 93 minutes, when it should be 107 minutes.

I own the 107 minute Japanese DVD and back in 2010 Eureka announced a DVD release at 93 minutes. They delayed their release when they realized it was the wrong cut. Eventually Eureka did release the full-length version. Can Kino-Lorber clarify whether their upcoming release is the correct 107 minute version?

http://www.amazon.com/Face-aka-Faccia-Blu-ray/dp/B00YQTCM5C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
112 mins (107 mins w/PAL speedup) = original Italian language version.

93 mins = edited and dubbed US version.
  • The original version is now in poor condition, hence Eureka sensibly opting not to release it on BD. They pulled their planned BD at the last minute and went with DVD-only.
  • The US version is in good shape, but obviously inferior in every other way. Kino have gone for A/V quality over quantity, hence their shorter BD. It includes the longer cut as an SD extra.
More details at DVDBeaver.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I understand Explosive Media has since released this on Blu-ray (region free/ 1,000 units only) in Germany with the extended version remastered in HD (with upscaled-SD inserts).. Hoping this means we may finally see a Eureka or Arrow Blu-ray release in UK - and maybe, just maybe, a upgraded edition from Kino in the U.S....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks