What's new
World Wide Stereo

Unsteady HD image on Panasonic RPTV (1 Viewer)

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Panasonic RPTV (PT47WX42) for close to 3 years now and there's a problem where steady images (like text on the OSD, scorebars on sports broadcasts, etc.) aren't rock solid. They aren't flickering or shimmering, just... vibrating slightly. It's not enough to be unwatchable, just annoying.

It's never a problem when watching real, moving material like movies, but whenever I pull up the OSD or watch sports with solid bars, those stationary items are vibrating.

It only happens with 1080i. 480i/p are solid.

I'm out of warranty, unfortunately. Do any other owners of Panny RPTV (or other brands) notice anything similar? Is this a defect or is it poor build/design?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
How are you getting 1080i from? Via cable box or sat?

You should check your cable box settings, making sure that it is outputting 1080i on HD channels.

It sounds like a signal issue.

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
I know what HD looks like and I'm getting 1080i for sure.

It's coming from a Motorola Digital Box.

The problem is that the OSD jitters. Like the volume control display that the TV itself outputs. That can't be signal related.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks