What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, Unman, Wittering and Zigo. Breaking into the British film industry in the mid-1960’s, Scottish director John Mackenzie first cut his teeth as an assistant director to Ken Loach before getting his chance to work as a full fledged director on TV plays for the BBC. After paying his dues on TV, he made his big screen debut with the drama One Brief Summer (1971); just a year prior to that film’s release, Paramount Pictures hired Mackenzie to helm a big screen adaptation of the Giles Cooper radio play Unman, Wittering and Zigo. Long unavailable on home video, Arrow Video has licensed the movie from Paramount for its long-awaited debut.

Unman, Wittering and Zigo (1971)

Released: 23 Sep 1971
Rated: GP
Runtime: 102 min

Director: John Mackenzie
Genre: Drama, Thriller

Cast: David Hemmings, Carolyn Seymour, Douglas Wilmer
Writer(s): Simon...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
The film was produced by Gareth Wigan, who was Vice Chairman of Sony when I met him shortly after starting to work there. He was shocked that I'd even heard of the film and even more so when I told him I had a 16mm print of it. (The guy who sold it to me had never heard of it--he'd acquired it in a package--and when I told him I wished to buy it, he was so surprised that he asked if he could screen it first to see why I wanted it. He did and agreed it was a very good film.) Gareth was a lovely gentleman, gone too soon.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw this film when it first came out. It was OK but I've never especially wanted to see it again.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The film was produced by Gareth Wigan, who was Vice Chairman of Sony when I met him shortly after starting to work there. He was shocked that I'd even heard of the film and even more so when I told him I had a 16mm print of it. (The guy who sold it to me had never heard of it--he'd acquired it in a package--and when I told him I wished to buy it, he was so surprised that he asked if he could screen it first to see why I wanted it. He did and agreed it was a very good film.) Gareth was a lovely gentleman, gone too soon.
It IS a very good film. I wish to highlight the great performance by the actor playing Zigo.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I saw this film when it first came out. It was OK but I've never especially wanted to see it again.
I had the opposite reaction, though for a long time, I thought my memory of seeing this film may have been a hallucination. Now that I realize it wasn't, I'll be picking this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks