What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Let’s take a look at Borsalino. Though his work and career largely fell outside the French New Wave movement of the era, director Jacques Deray made his name in the crime and thriller genre. Though he made his debut with Le Gigolo in 1960, Deray truly made a name for himself with La Piscine (1969), a psychological thriller; the next year, Deray would achieve international recognition for Borsalino, which reunited the director with past collaborators Alain Delon and Jean-Paul Belmondo. Arrow Video has licensed the film from Paramount Pictures for its Blu-ray debut.

Borsalino (1970)

Released: 13 Aug 1970
Rated: R
Runtime: 125 min

Director: Jacques Deray
Genre: Crime, Drama

Cast: Jean-Paul Belmondo, Alain Delon, Catherine Rouvel
Writer(s): Jean-Claude Carrière, Jean Cau, Jacques Deray

Plot: During the 1930s, in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the review. I've been waiting for this movie to be released on disc for a long time.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Thank you for this review! The film was a new discovery for me and maybe this will help it be discovered by others. If you like The Sting or Butch Cassidy you should enjoy this similar film with a French twist. It was released between the 2 American "buddy" films and definitely influenced The Sting which followed 3 years later.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I saw this film by the time it had made its way to the Jersey suburbs in the early 70s. The theater was full and this was before it was turned into a quad so I had thought the film was a success here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks