What's new

UNIVERSAL: We want SLIDERS on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
We all want to see one of the best Sci-Fi television series ever made (at least in seasons 1 & 2) make it to DVD. Please release the first two seasons (and maybe the first half of the third season) of Sliders on DVD. Here's what MUST be included:
DVD seasons 1 & 2 box set:
1. OAR (no cropped/stretched/etc. for 16x9 crap)
2. Episodes must be in filmed order (as the aired order was very different from the filmed order).
3. At least add in the missing scene from the "Summer of Love" episode where Quinn explains the Helix Spiral and the mechanics of the timer (occurs just before Quinn, Rembrandt, and Arturo find Wade at the commune outside of San Francisco on Aussie earth).
4. Blooper reels
5. Deleted scenes
6. Special Interviews with the original cast and crew (Robert K. Weiss, Tracy Torme`, Jerry O'Connell, John Rhys-Davies, Sabrina Lloyd, and Cleavant Derricks).
7. Special music videos featuring the full versions of "Tears In My 'Fro" (performed by Clinton Derricks-Carol and Cleavant Derricks); as well as "Cry Like A Man" performed by Cleavant Derricks & The Spinning Tops.
That's all I can think of for now.
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I too would like Sliders.
Brian, if you do a search you'll find that this topic has come up before. Perhaps it's best to add to an existing thread than to start a new one...more votes get tallied up that way.
ANOTHER thing to do would be to head over to Gord's TV on DVD site (link is below, in my signature) and register there as a user (no cost, no spam). Then you can mark off any and all TV shows you'd like to see come to DVD...and the votes get tallied up there, too, for every studio to see.
Hope this helps you,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
theres only 2 sci fi shows i like and this is one of them. come on universal season box sets in airdate order.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Jared- I would rather have the filmed order instead of the airdate order. The airdate order was radically different than the filmed order, which ruined the continuity of the series. Also, that resulted in an important scene being cut from the "Summer of Love" episode.
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thread resurrection!
For those who have bought SEASON 1 & 2, you know that the episodes were released in airdate order. And it does not seem as if the scene in Brian's #3 in Post #1 is there. Is this the scene right after the guys escape from the Feds in the car?
Now, with SEASON 3 hopefully coming in the near future, I would like to request to Universal to put all the future episodes in production order as there is a BIG continuity issue regarding the character of Prof. Arturo that would be really head-scratching if the episodes are released in airdate order.
According to the Sliders page on www.tvtome.com it says that Universal will release Season 3 in early 2005. But there is no guarantee that Seasons 4 or 5 will be released since it's Sci-Fi's call. Doesn't Universal own all 5 seasons? I see Season 4 episodes on TV and the Universal TV logo appears at the end. I can't confirm the same thing for Season 5.
But I'd also like to express my appreciation for SLIDERS on DVD in the first place! The price is a teeny bit high for me (even with retailer's lower prices) but price aside, I am grateful for this "series" on DVD. I'm saying "series" because I am hoping that all 5 seasons will be released.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Cool...a thread resurrection. Nice. :D
But, anyway -- the scene I was referring to involved Quinn and Arturo discussing why they were no longer able to control the wormhole with the timer at will. It was a short, but still important scene that shed some serious light on their predicament. Anyway, what was revealed is that, in short, they would be stuck on each world for 29.7 years if they missed the window of opportunity. The big problem was that the circuits in the timer that allowed them to control the gate at will were burned beyond repair. So, Quinn rigged the timer to serve as a countdown device for each window, which could last as long as several months to as short as a few hours.
You can see the script containing the scene(s) that were cut from Summer of Love here:
http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/sumofluv.htm
They may not be in filmed order, but for me it's not that big of a deal anymore. I'm just glad Sliders is finally on DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks