What's new

Universal Tops At how Not to Put Out a DVD (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
One of the great things about DVD players is the ability to instantly skip around to wherever you want on the disc.
Now they're crippling your DVD control to force you to watch ads? That SUCKS big time. I thought we escaped the 20 minutes of VHS ads (yeah Disney!) with DVD. This is right up there with SPAM as far as I'm concerned! I paid my $20 now give me back my control, money grubbing &!*%#@!s

Hey Ted, I'm considering HTPC, but I also want a multi-disc DVD player. I'd like to have a few disks in and program them to show the tracks I want (a preview from one DVD, another, then onto the movie!) Ever do anything like that? Or is that something you don't even need HTPC for?

- JS

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This is right up there with SPAM as far as I'm concerned!
Me too! I've always accepted the DVD meaning as Digital Versatile Disc, and it's sad when the very nature and appeal of a product is suppressed due to marketing...I mean, I've already given you my money...no need to continue to slam me with ads!

With all the suing going around, hopefully someone (possibly a DVD player manufacturer) will sue these $tudios for disabling features that are built into the players.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Jack, put them on the HD temporarily, and you don't need a changer.

Check out the HTPC section on that "other" forum for more.

Ted

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Heh, after I posted that question it occured to me I could just put the movie in the DVD drive and stick my other stuff on the HD...

All I'm reading about HTPC is pushing me in that direction. I like all the extra control it affords.

Thank you!

- JS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks