What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
You really think this will continue when the theatrical market returns to normal?

I don't think the studios are ready to do this during normal market conditions.
We are also talking about one studio at this point, and one that has tried this in the past (and failed).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I should point out that NATO doesn't seem to be against what Universal is currently planning as long as it ends when the theaters open again.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
For a minute there, I was wondering why the North Atlantic Treaty Organization would care about releasing movies via streaming... :D
Yeah! I was thinking “Shouldn’t they be more concerned about Blofeld stealing nuclear warheads!?!?” I’ve never heard of any other NATO. :lol:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
For a minute there, I was wondering why the North Atlantic Treaty Organization would care about releasing movies via streaming... :D

Yeah! I was thinking “Shouldn’t they be more concerned about Blofeld stealing nuclear warheads!?!?” I’ve never heard of any other NATO. :lol:

The theaters owners should really call themselves something else. AATO? American Association of Theater Owners? Let's make this happen!
According to Wikipedia:

After divestiture in the fallout of the 1948 Paramount decision, many formerly-affiliated theaters ended up joining either TOA or Allied. During the post-war period, theater revenue collapsed as television became widespread, even as film rental became more expensive, and thousands of theaters closed, particularly in city centers hard hit by suburban flight.[4] Finally, in 1966 TOA and Allied merged into the National Association of Theatre Owners, largely based on TOA's structure but headed by Marshall Fine, former Allied chairman.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
All these acronyms just need to stop! No one's checking to see if someone else uses one before adopting it so confusion arises. The WHO issues a statement... OK... in print The WHO and The Who are different. When you say it they're identical so you wind up saying "The WHO - not the rock band - issued a statement today." You'd like to think NATO would be one *everyone* knows and an association of movie theaters wouldn't be so stupid as to use it for their acronym. Guess not... stupidity reigns!!!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
All these acronyms just need to stop! No one's checking to see if someone else uses one before adopting it so confusion arises. The WHO issues a statement... OK... in print The WHO and The Who are different. When you say it they're identical so you wind up saying "The WHO - not the rock band - issued a statement today." You'd like to think NATO would be one *everyone* knows and an association of movie theaters wouldn't be so stupid as to use it for their acronym. Guess not... stupidity reigns!!!
Which is why the WWF (the World Wrestling Foundation) changed its name to WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), as there was confusion with thew other WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature, formerly World Wildlife Fund).

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Maybe they should call it the Wrestling Thespians Foundation, WTF.

Wrestling is acting, right?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

You have to let Blofeld steal nuclear weapons, or at least give it a good try. Nobody would watch the film if ended with a bunch of NATO commandos storming into Blofeld's office and machine-gunning him to death while he was still stroking his pet cat!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Back to the subject of this thread:

Disney is releasing Onward on VOD today, and on Disney+ on April 3.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That being said I don't currently see it on iTunes or VUDU. Maybe they haven't had time to add it to their systems yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks