What's new

Universal Legacy Hitchcock's delayed? (1 Viewer)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Just got an email from Amazon that the three new Legacy titles (Vertigo, Psycho and Rear Window) will be delayed a week. Also not available at any local stores around here.

Anyone know a reason?

WilliamMcK

Second Unit
Real Name
Biff
I picked up Vertigo last week (and Psycho and Rear Window were available as well). But as I've posted in another thread, Vertigo does not contain the original 1958 mono mix (just the 1996 5.1 and a 2.0 down mix of the '96 track). Perhaps this delay means that Universal caught the error and is issuing corrected discs instead. One can hope!

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
My usual haunts (Best Buy, Target, Fry's Electronics) didn't have the Hitchcock Legacy discs.... however, I found them all at CostCo, along with the 50th Anniversary edition of Touch of Evil, for the low price of $16.99 each.

I can confirm that Vertigo indeed does NOT have the original mono track.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
My Vertigo and Rear Window arrived yesterday (in separate boxes), the same day I received an e-mail from Amazon saying they would be delayed one week. No sign of Psycho yet

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I received a similar e-mail from Amazon about Touch of Evil, and was going to go look for one today, but now I wonder if it will show up anyway like your Hitchcocks.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
TOUCH OF EVIL shipped to me and arrived yesterday from AMAZON.ca. All the above were all over the shelves at 2 retailers in Edmonton. Maybe a USA thing?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I received an e-mail that the Touch of Evil DVD pre-order was to be delayed and was to ship to arrive on October 14. Today I received an e-mail that it shipped today, so I will get it Friday. Guess they were just messing with me.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
All these titles are readily available, at least where I've looked - they were absolutely not delayed. Maybe amazon didn't get their shipment, but they're certainly around.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A lot of these delay issues from a specific retailer are distributor related which has nothing to do with a title being delayed by the studio.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks