What's new

Universal DVD Promotion? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Wiffen

Stunt Coordinator
During a commercial break for the American Music Awards last night (which sucked a** by the way), there was a Universal DVD spot. It featured four new release DVDs (About A Boy, Blue Crush, Undercover Brother and Bourne Identity). Anyway, it seemed to indicate that if you bought any two of the four DVDs mentioned you would get a two DVD bonus. I was half asleep while watching it, so I wasn't entirely sure what the deal was. Has anyone else picked up on this one???

Thanks!

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
You can pick of two of the following for $4.99 (for S&H):
A Beautiful Mind
An American Werewolf in London (not CE)
Billy Elliot
Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Dazed and Confused
Jaws 25th Anniversary
Jaws 2
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park II: The Lost World
Jurassic Park III
The Mummy
Head Over Heels
The Nutty Professor (1st version)
The Quest
The Skulls
Snow Falling On Cedars
Here's the
link I found which has the covers for the titles available.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I explained all about this in my Weekly Roundup for 1/14th. You can see that in the Coupons & Bargains section of HTF (link to that section is in my sig; click on my face! Then just find the most current Roundup, with this Tuesday's date).

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I was buying four anyway, so I'll get four of the free ones. Best Buy printed me a rebate receipt and rebate form today when I checked out, and I got a happy surprise when I looked the deal over. Costs me US$6bucks and I'll get four discs. Could be worse. I want JP3 anyway, EDTV also, and wouldn't mind most of what's left on the list for basically almost free.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
It looks like the DVDs offered in Canada differ slightly from what is listed in the Weekly Roundup. Since Jeff is from B.C., my post should still be relevant for those of us north of the border.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Anyone else get them yet? I just got my dvd's today, Snow Falling on Cedars and Head over Heels! OH BOY I can't WAIT to re-watch Snow falling on Cedars!

Funny thing they didn't cash the cheque yet!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Be careful! I noticed that a few of the DVD's were Fullframe only! (I believe Jurassic Park was - just the first one...not 2 or 3)

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I have not recieved mine yet. I selected snow falling on cedars, and I don't remember the other one.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I also got mine today! (The Lost World and Jaws)
Universal cashed my cheque exactly one week ago, so I knew they were on their way.
On the downside: JP2 was floating around inside the case, which has a big dent, and a small rip in the cover. There are a couple little scratches, but hopefully it will play OK. It's too late to try it out tonight. I guess $4.99 S&H doesn't buy you more than Canada Post and a bubble-wrap lined envelope nowadays. :frowning: I guess I shouldn't complain. I still got two DVDs for less than five bucks.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
To the question about whether the offer works in Canada too. It does. The choices are slightly different though.
BUY 2 of:
About a Boy
Blue Crush
Undercover Brother
The Bourne Identity
Choose 2 Free from:
A Beautiful Mind (WS)
An American Werewolf in London (WS)
Billy Elliot (WS)
Captain Corelli's Mandolin (WS)
Dazed and Confused (WS)
Jaws 25th Anniversary Ed. (WS)
Jaws 2 (WS)
Jurassic Park (WS)
JP2 - Lost World (WS)
JP3 (WS)
The Mummy (WS)
Head Over Heels (WS)
The Nutty Professor (WS)
The Quest (WS)
The Skulls (WS)
Snow Falling on Cedars (WS)
so it looks like all of them are in WIDESCREEN :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks