What's new

UNIVERSAL --Are you ever going to release these films on bluray? (1 Viewer)

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Totally agree with wanting to have a release of the Montez-Hall series. Just watched the Universal Vault release of COBRA WOMAN and the print looks gorgeous. It and the others would make great on Blu-ray,
I was really amazed how Universal totally ignored the Montez/Hall films during their 100th anniversary celebration. Who ever is in charge now really has no respect for the old films and it truly sucks they have control over the old Paramount library instead of a better studio like Warner Brothers that treat their film library with respect. I was shocked when they included a piece of junk like Mamma Mia! The Movie in their 100th anniversary DVD collection. Their whole video department must be run by people in their 30's.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
On the website DVD Savant there is news of a 50th Anniversary Blu-ray release of Truffaut's Fahrenheit 451 as a Walmart exclusive to be released next month. You can preorder now and why the 50th is released now by Universal and not last year is a mystery to me.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Please, Universal.....

MV5BYTg2ZDUyM2EtOTU0Yi00OTI4LTljYmItYTY3MjU2MWIwNzM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1MTk0MDI@._V1_UY1200_CR77,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Gotta say, Universal has been very aggressive in their licensing catalog titles for a couple of years. Damn near every niche company has been releasing their titles. Can't say the same for Paramount or Disney.

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
Gotta say, Universal has been very aggressive in their licensing catalog titles for a couple of years. Damn near every niche company has been releasing their titles. Can't say the same for Paramount or Disney.

Yes, I am so happy to see more Universal titles being released. However, every day that I check and see another Universal title being announced but still no "Never Steal Anything Small" another tear falls from my eyes. Please Kino, please Twilight Time or whoever stop the tears from my eyes and release this title:

Attachments

• Never Steal Anything Small.jpg
    Never Steal Anything Small.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 24

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
We just need a boxed set of the guys that saved the studio from going under in the 40's!!!! All we've got is Buck Privates and the monster films, but we need everything else. Come on, Universal. The boys deserve better!!!!
Agree.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
How about "I'd Rather Be Rich", "A Man Could Get Killed", "Bus Riley's Back In Town", "Fluffy" and "Love And Kisses". These are all 60s titles. None are even on DVD. What gives?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Dear Universal,

I've been doing some research from these past couple of years and discovered that, indeed, your studio truly does own the rights to "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "Flower Drum Song"; so feel free, breath a sigh of relief and have no worries, for it turns out that Universal can release both of these titles, without any issues, concerns or conflicts.

BTW, no charges or fees for my Cracker Jack detective work; its on the house.

Sincerely,
PMF:)

Last edited:

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Dear Universal,

I've been doing some research from these past couple of years and discovered that, indeed, your studio truly does own the rights to "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "Flower Drum Song"; so feel free, breath a sigh of relief and have no worries, for it turns out that Universal can release both of these titles, without any issues or concerns.

BTW, no charges or fees for my Cracker Jack detective work; its on the house.

Sincerely,
PMF:)
Yes PLEASE Universal - release these two much wanted musicals on Blu-ray. They both deserve the full treatment!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks