What's new

Ultraviolet: What do you like and not like about it? (2 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
cinemaparker said:
The activation code is redeemed through the WB website and the URL ends in /flixster. Still fuming too much to figure out a workaround.
Ill take the code if you don't want it. ;)

P

Patrick Donahue

cinemaparker said:
The activation code is redeemed through the WB website and the URL ends in /flixster. Still fuming too much to figure out a workaround.
I think this is a perfect example of somebody making UV out to be harder than it actually is. You don't have to put yourself through that much trouble.For example, today I had to redeem a code for Lawrence of Arabia. The slip told me to go to sonypictures.com/uvredeem, but I didn't. I just went to Vudu where my UV collection is and entered it there. Easy as that. You don't need to take extra steps or find workarounds, it really is much simpler than that.

cinemaparker

Auditioning
Real Name
Terrence
Thanks to those of you that gave the tip on how to redeem the UV codes on Vudu workaround. Now I can watch Jack Nicholson over act and DiCaprio get uncermoniously dispatched whenever I want. Thanks, dudes!

(still think UV is a pain in the ass but I'm sloooooowly warming up to it)

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
cinemaparker said:
Isnt The Departed an older bluray released movie? One that was released when UV was just getting off the ground when you had to sign up for multiple sites just to use the darn thing. You may have purchased stock that was leftover from back then which would explain an older redeem paper insert. I remember those days and I recall purchasing this movie for my Hubby.

Ive not experienced any issues with my UV signups recently. Happy purchaser here.

anjilamoore

Auditioning
Real Name
Angela
I love how the combo packs come with ultraviolet. It's extremely convienient! If I left the blu ray downstairs or borrowed it to a friend I have it saved on vudu and can watch hdx! I wish you could download them to your computer though somehow so if I'm somewhere without internet acess I could still watch the movie on my laptop, I think ultra violet is super simple and easy to use, at least with vudu.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So easy to use it's ridiculous. I have over 150 films now that I can access on my ps4 ps3 xbox360 Xbox 1 etc. all in 1080p. And I only input the code on ONE site and it immediately is available on all.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I wasn't talking about that thread. Just stating how easy Ultraviolet is to use. Haven't tried disc to digital. I find myself re buying blu rays I already own just to get the UV HD copy , which is cheaper than buying on the uv site which ranges between $10-15.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Dumb Idea?? Guess I don't understand that at all. Its a great idea!

Something tells me if apple does something like D2D for itunes it will suddenly become a great idea.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I don't think so Mike but its hard to say. If Amazon did it I wouldn't be jumping on it, but Amazon has a history of crediting digitally for physical purchases, almost 90% of my DVD and Blu purchases have come via Amazon so that would be a big leg up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks