What's new

Ultra Cool Custom-made/personalized HT sign (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
The three factors most of us look for in purchasing a product are...price, service and product (the cool factor, in this case).
Check out the link for this personalized HT/audio signs:
http://www.mobileimage.com/view.asp?CatID=33
1)Price: looking at signs from show off displays, I think it is priced fairly...then you factor in that it can be personalized with your name and/or name of your HT...makes it a good value (in the arena that we are talking about)
2) Service: I placed my order on Monday, received a copy of the layout on Tuesday, and the final product arrived via UPS in my office on Friday. That quick of turn around is top notch!!!
3) Product: The cool factor applies (IMO) with this product. A very cool, iluminated audio sign, personalized with our family and theater name ("The Boster Plaza Theater Features"). This is not a cheap looking or feel to the final product....it's first class!
I can't imagine anyone with a HT wouldn't want one.
Enjoy
Ron Boster

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Someone emailed me for a picture. I'll try to get one posted next week.
Ron
PS: When I showed my wife...her response was "it's cute." Better then, what did you buy that for?

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Excellent signing.
I have a good feeling I need the THX Ultra sign.
....Welcome to the.....
Schell Shocked Theater
......Featuring........
Thanks Ron,,More Upgrades. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on August 12, 2001 at 04:20 AM]

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Thanks Guys,
I had some friends over to watch a movie last night. They all got a kick out of the sign personalized with our theater name on it......one asked me to turn it back on again, and kept saying to his wife, "isn't that cool?"
Ron

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Dag-gum it!
You guys are responsible for an awful lot of money leaving my accounts!
Yer all gettin' a bill!

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I ordered my THX Ultra sign,,Hopefully they call to review the heading I want printed on it.
Should be a nice addition to my HT. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

Chip_E

Agent
I give the site 3 weeks.
All of the logos on those pretty signs are protected by trademarks. We're talking Federal court.
I suggest the owner of the site remove all information immediately, or risk having to watch all of his future movies on a 13" TV.
Once I registerd a trademarked URL (website domain name) for a customer. I was properly incorporated (should have insulated me from any personal liability). The site never even went live. When all was said and done, it cost me nearly $3,000 bucks just to walk away from the situation.
The owner of the trademark wasn't anywhere near as large (or with as many attorneys) as some of the companies on the signage site.
This post might sound like I'm being a heavy, but I'm just trying to save someone from an expensive lesson in US law.
- Chip Eberhart
DVD Author

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Trevor:
Send Mike an email with your request to have the sign personalized.
Chip:
Your post seems to be directed towards the owner (He may or may not frequent this site). Other than that, I don't see how it applies to anyone of us as his customer or potential customer. I guess what you are trying to say is order sooner than later?
Ron

Chip_E

Agent
Ron,
my post had 3 intentions which I'll clarify.
1. If you want one of these signs, you're taking the risk that the company will be in business long enough to deliver your order.
2. If you're thinking of doing something similar (except for personal use) think again.
3. Trademarks and copyrights are not to be taken lightly by anyone.
- Chip Eberhart
DVD Author

TimG

Second Unit
I have seen these signs before, I just can't remember where, and they also weren't personalized. Pretty neat in my opinion, albeit a little expensive for my blood. I am sure they just buy the basic sign from someone else, who probably is licensed to sell the trademarks, then personalize them. I don't know if that would get them around having to obtain permission or not.
Tim

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
On another note:
I'm looking forward to trying out different colored filters above the light tray to see what effect that creates.
Enjoy
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks