What's new

Ultra Cool Custom-made/personalized HT sign (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Maybe the owner removed it to ready the red version of the THX sign or someone turned the info over to the "THX licensing" folks......the timing seems very odd. I hope it wasn't the latter.......it would take a very bitter "little" person to point it out to the "proper authorities."

Spero D

Second Unit
Ron I to hope they still offer the red THX sign, its just to dam cool.
From the Mobileimage website-
THXPlaqueRed.jpg

Spero D.
[Edited last by Spero D on August 19, 2001 at 08:42 AM]

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Spero:
I too hope that isn't case. I thought of ordering a second sign, the THX version. I got the DTS version on the first order. If Mike got in trouble in any way for using the logo's, it's too bad. His level of service and quality of product is terrific ( I still can't believe the quick turn-around: from the day of ordering to the receipt of the product was done in 5 business days!!!..on something that was customized too). I'm guessing here, but now that I know Mike is a member of AVS forum and belongs to a Dallas based HT group, it seems the audio signs are something he does becuase of his HT hobby....if you notice all the rest of his product is car related.
Take Care
Ron

Chip E

Screenwriter
I emailed the company about the red THX sign... Hope i can get one.. very cool lokking sign..
- Chip
ps. i'm the other Chip, lol... (no underscore)
------------------

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I ordered the THX sign and also communicated my desired name of my theater to Mike..So hopefully everything goes as planned.
For the life of me I can not find the location of the red lighted sign packages though!
Was it only offered in the THX logo or were there others available too?
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
The Other Chip:
LOL
Trevor:
Mike posted a picture of a design he had been working on over at AVS forum. (Check out my link on a previous post). He wanted to experiment with different colors, which might allow one to leave the light on during a movie, but at the sametime not throw-off too much light within the room. The color that seemed to work best was a red filter. He posted a picture using the THX sign as an example of what it would look like.
Ron

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
I have a little custom made non-personalized, but equipmentized HT Sign. But it's not your ordinary sign. This one's made of 266 pieces of stained glass with over 4 pounds of solder. :) It's on my website, just see the link for my theater if you want to see it.
Lex
------------------
Lexman's Theater

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Lexman:
Very nice!!! You can see a lot of work went into it, what detail. I hope you paid the proper trademark and licensing fees.
wink.gif

Ron

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
Don't get me wrong, I think the signs are very cool and the edge-lighting and personalization are what make them great, and expensive. $129 per sign....
These are about 1/4 that price and twice as big. Could probably look real cool with the right lighting. Unfortunately, can not find them for THX, etc...
http://store.dtsonline.com/merch-frames2.html

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
DaleB:
We have to agree to disagree on this issue. I liked the look/design of the DTS sign, but was disappointed in the quality of the product...very cheap plastic. Where the Image signs are solid/thick (I assume) plexiglass with a nice base unit. I guess I would compare them to the lighted signs on Show off Display's site....only cheaper.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
If you use their search feature....the THX sign does show up as a purchase option....I'm not sure why it isn't showing up directly under the audio sign page.
Ron

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Doug ,,That sign is a beautiful work of art.
I placed my order for one. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. As the story goes, it was a labor of love. I could not find the time to do that project again, but at the time, I was able to immerse myself into it. The lettering was the most time consuming part. Cost was around 500.00. I started to do it in flash glass, but thought the look of cut glass was the way to go. Really a pain, but worth it. Amazingly, I made it through that project with only calouses, and a few minor scrapes, no major gashes. Glass grinding is dangerous business, if you don't know what your doing. It will cut you when you least expect it! Estimated time, was 200-250 hours. Truthfully? Not sure that touches it.
The lightbox was also designed and built by me.
I do like that red thx sign! Let me know if you guys put a handle on it.
Lex
------------------
Lexman's Theater
[Edited last by dougW on August 25, 2001 at 12:42 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks