What's new

Directors ULTIMATE VILLAINS TOURNAMENT (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Final Scores:

Eric "Rick" Masters-4
Charlton Heston-2

Nurse Mildred Ratched-7
Mother Superior-0

Bracket 4 Match 7

“Brave, but, foolish, my old Jedi friend. You are impossibly outnumbered.”

“I don’t think so.”

Count Dooku-Attack Of The Clones (Christopher Lee)
“We’ll see.”

vs.

“In 22 seconds, I could break your fucking spine. In 22 seconds, I could pinch your head off like a fucking insect and spin it all over the fucking pavement. In 22 seconds, I could put 22 bullets inside your ridiculous gut.”

Eli Cross-The Stunt Man (Peter O’Toole)
“What I seem unable to do in 22 seconds is to keep you from fucking up my film.”

Ric’s Pick: Eli Cross

Match 8

“Greg, what is the worst fraternity on this campus?”

“Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way.”

“Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.”

“You're talking about Delta, sir.”

Dean Vernon Wormer-Animal House (John Vernon)
“Of course I'm talking about Delta, you TWERP!”

vs.

“Just say fuck me and I’ll leave. Say it. Say it.”

“Oh, ohhhh.”

“Say fuck me. Say fuck me. Say fuck me and I’ll leave.”

“Fuck meee.”

Bobby Peru-Wild At Heart (Willem Dafoe)
“Well I’d really like to baby, but I gotta get going right now! Ha-ha!”

Ric’s Pick: Bobby Peru

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Abstain
Bobby Peru- my favorite Willem Dafoe role (which is saying a lot), and one of the best characters from a Lynch film (which is also saying a lot).

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Final Scores:

Count Dooku-3
Eli Cross-1

Bobby Peru-6
Dean Vernon Wormer-1

Bracket 5 Match 9

“When I came out into society I was 15. I already knew then that the role I was condemned to, namely to keep quiet and do what I was told, gave me the perfect opportunity to listen and observe. Not to what people told me, which naturally was of no interest to me, but to whatever it was they were trying to hide. I practiced detachment. I learn how to look cheerful while under the table I stuck a fork onto the back of my hand. I became a virtuoso of deceit.”

Marquise De Merteuil-Dangerous Liaisons (Glenn Close)
“I consulted the strictest moralists to learn how to appear, philosophers to find out what to think, and novelists to see what I could get away with, and in the end it all came down to one wonderfully simple principle: win or die.”

vs.

“Look at you. You used to be so cocky. You claimed you were going to go out and conquer the world. You once called me, "a warped, frustrated, old man!" Who are you but a warped, frustrated young man, crawling in here on your hands and knees begging for help. No securities, no stocks, no bonds. Nothin' but a miserable little $500 equity in a life insurance policy.”

Mr. Potter-It’s A Wonderful Life (Lionel Barrymore)
“You're worth more dead than alive!”

Ric’s Pick: Mr. Potter

Match 10

“I’m not Regan.”

“Well, then let's introduce ourselves. I'm Damien Karras.”

“And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.”

“If you're the Devil, why don't you make the straps disappear?”

Pazuzu-The Exorcist (Mercedes McCambridge)
“That's much too vulgar a display of power, Karras.”

vs.

“You're an amazing creature, Spider-Man. You and I are not so different.”

“I'm not like you. You're a murderer.”

“Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail... fall while trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?”

“Because it's right.”

“Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city. And those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You and me? We're exceptional.”

Green Goblin a.k.a. Norman Osbourn-Spiderman (Willem Dafoe)
“I could squash you like a bug right now, but I'm offering you a chance. Join me and think of what we could accomplish together... what we could create.”

Ric’s Pick: Pazuzu

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Marquise De Merteuil - Dangerous Liaisons (Glenn Close)
Pazuzu - The Exorcist (Mercedes McCambridge)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks