What's new

Ultimate TV Question (1 Viewer)

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I am looking at possibly buying a RCS Ultimate TV receiver. I have found an open box unit for a good price. I really only want to use it as a normal DSS receiver and not subscribe to the Ultimate TV Service. Can this be done? Would it still pause live tv? I have looked at other receivers but to get one with digital out would be way more expensive.

Thanks,
Glenn

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
It can be used as a regular DTV receiver, however, you will not have the UTV functions until you activate the UTV service.

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

>>It can be used as a regular DTV receiver, however, you will not have the UTV functions until you activate the UTV service.

Thanks. That is what I needed to know. I wanted to make sure that I could use it without UTV service before I buy it.

Glenn

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Glenn,

I have the RCA UTV and it is a fun system to have. My wife likes being able to surf the web while watching our little one downstairs but there is one drawbac to the unit, and I like recording stuff to the hardrives, BUT there is one big drawback....

It is VERY slow at changing channels or using the guide etc. If you never plan on using the UTV service, I'd avoid this unit and go with a nice new generation DD5.1 receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks