Ultimate Toy Box worth it?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Elmer Millikan, May 28, 2003.

1. Elmer Millikan

I am only into the movies and sound formats and not the extras. Is it worth the premium to purchase the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box set for $50? Or, am I better served buying Toy Story 1 and 2 separately?

Since the UTB is going OOP do you think this means there will be another version out shortly?

Thanks.

Elmer

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

EDIT:

Missed part about only being interested in picture and sound. Post irrelevant.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

There will not be a better version of Toy Story any time soon. It's a "vault" title that they're going to shove in for at least 3 years. The UTB hypothetically has a slightly better picture due to being dual layered.

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Why would you even consider the 3-disc set if you're not interested in extras? I don't think the transfers are any different. But really, don't deprive yourself one of the best DVD releases ever in The Ultimate Toy Box.

5. Elmer Millikan

PaulP,

I am trying to determine if the video or sound quality is any better on the UTB..... That is the only reason I am asking if the UTB is worth the price... It appears not for me.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Elmer