What's new

UK meet. Lets try to make it happen! (1 Viewer)

Huw Williams

Agent
I'm sure some of us UK members have been feeling a little left out with all the meets that happen in the USA. Yes there is the national meet in California but at a reasonable cost as far as travelling is concerned. I know the London members often have meets at film showings. A recent 2001 showing was one I think?
The UK is tiny if you compare it to other countries, so the traveling would take 1 day max to get anywhere
I'm sure some of the UK members would like to try and get something organised. But what to do? That is the question.
When? Where?
Ideas?
Lets make it happen!
[Edited last by Huw Williams on October 12, 2001 at 07:05 AM]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, I wouldn't call it often, and to some extent it consists of a few people that know each other on the board getting together, but I'm up for a meet if its something I can get to. Any ideas anyone? I'd mention London again, as I see that there is a Studio Ghibli retrospective lined up to start any day now, but I'm really busy the next few weeks.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
A recent 2001 showing was one I think?
Heh, we tried but failed. British competance for you.
I'd like to see some sort of UK meet. A few of us have been discussing the possibility of meeting in London for the first showing on day of release for Fellowship of the Ring.
Dan (UK)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely be up for the Fellowship thing. I had planned on taking that day off work anyway. Make it the best theatre you can find though, cost be damned.
However the thought of driving into London is not one I like. Dan - you're only a train journey away from - correct? I could drive down to you and leave the car there.
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 14, 2001 at 12:10 PM]

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes sir, hop on the train in my local villiage an its a 40 min train ride direct into the city (a two stop tube ride would follow to get to Leicester Square).
Dan (UK)

Huw Williams

Agent
Would I be welcome to come along too if I could arange transport?
Aren't you in Birmingham Rob? I'm only a 1 1/2 hour train journey from there, so maybe a carpool?
I may have to work though, so it can't be for certain. I'll have to get back to you on this.
Huw
popcorn.gif
Yum!
------------------
UK Members: - Want to organise a meet? Goto -
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/000284.html

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I'll pick anyone up along the way as long as we can all fit in my little 206.
We'll need to pre-book the tickets though, I would have thought.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Would I be welcome to come along too if I could arange transport?
Huw, what kind of a question is that? OF COURSE! Regarding tickets, I can handle that come time of bookings.
I am HOPING they're going to run it at the big Odeon, they've been running the LOTR and Fellowship trailers since May but they usualy confined to showing Fox, Disney and Sony material, never Warner/New Line, which puts a slight fear into me that it may be on at the Warner Multiplex across the street (but since thats likely to cater for Harry Potter in a vast majority of screens, who knows?).
Next time I am in town (next week probably) I'll pop in and ask them if they will definately be running it.
Dan (UK)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ok chaps, just rang through to secure me some tickets for a nov 10th Harry Potter preview at the big Odeon, and they confirmed to me that Harry will move out a few weeks later and Fellowship will move in upon its release date.
I'll get tickets when they become available (sometime next month I'd guess). Hopefully we can get a few more names together and we can all arrange a time of day we'd like to see it.
Dan (UK)

Huw Williams

Agent
I don't think I can make the meet for LOTR on December 19th due to work commitments over christmas.
I work in the retail sector so it is the busiest time of the year for me to work!
But I would be up for a Episode II meet next year maybe?
I could probably do a more local, midlands meet at some point maybe?
Huw
popcorn.gif
Yum!
------------------
UK Members: - Want to organise a meet? Goto -
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/000284.html

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to do that, but it's my friend's 24th (mine was yesterday
wink.gif
) so unfortunately probably a no-no
frown.gif
I know I'm not going to be at work that day no matter what, just probably going to be otherwise engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks