What's new

U.B.I. Soft, I forgive you (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It came out in the UK on Friday, and a few friends picked it up (guys & a gal who loved the first game). "More of the same but not quite as good" seems to sum up their initial impressions so far. :-/

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I think PC Gamer had one of those on a CD a long time ago that wasn't very good :)

Of course, those were probably Coconut monkeys which may disqualify it.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, JamesH, here's what one friend said about it:

It's more of the same, really - there are some cute new ideas, but nothing dramatic that wasn't in the first one. They seem to have dumbed-down the control scheme a bit, which annoyed me somewhat (as the new one is less precise IMHO), and the graphics are really not all that impressive. The voice acting is the usual emotionless crap that seems to be becoming a de-facto standard for games nowadays - not actively cringeworthy, but just unbelievably drab.

So basically, it's vaguely amusing, but has little of the flair or charm of the first game. Worth 20 quid if you want a decent platformer, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Interesting that the games SCEA are avoiding include dumbed-down sequels that could have been better, like Wipeout Fusion. Part of me says that I don't blame them.

I suppose when you don't have to publish everything under the sun, you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks