What's new

Two new Criterions in April (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I received my copy of "F For Fake" the other day, and was quite excited. I've never seen the film, but it's been on my "To See" list for the better part of ten years.

I can say without hesitation that the wait was worth it. The film was very enjoyable, but I can see how some people would find the editing a bit confusing. Personally, I love a film that tries new things, and this film definitely did that.

As for the transfer, the films comes from multiple source elements, so it varies throughout. It's quite easy to tell between the sections that Welle's shot in 35mm vs the sections that were blown up from 16mm. The Welle's sections were beautiful and looked like new, and I found nothing distracting in the other sections.

I can't wait to get to the extras this weekend. The documentaries sound incredible. There are 3 substantial documentaries on disc 2. One on the the art faker from the movie, one on Welle's unfinished projects, and one about the Hughe's biography faker.

If you like Welles you will not be disappointed with this release. Rush out and get it as soon as you can.

Fredric

Stunt Coordinator
F for Fake may be my favorite OW film. I transfered the audio to cassette for my car way back when, and it's a marvel to listen to just that. Hopefully Amazon will ship my disc soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
An Arena documentary was repeated on BBC Four a few weeks ago, an interview with Orson Welles about his career. F for Fake (1975) I'm definitely interested in getting, but the Criterion disc is priced high at the moment. It's also available from Eureka! DVD and has some different DVD extras to the Criterion release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks