What's new

Two 7.1 receivers hooked up on one set of 7.1 speaker setup (1 Viewer)

thxbest

Grip
Real Name
sean
I have two 7.1 receivers, and I would like to hook up both to one set of 7.1 speaker setup. I will never be using both receivers at the same time.

I am considering to get a speaker switcher but I could not find any that have 7 input/outputs to handle a 7.1 setup.

Is there any speaker switcher that can handle this, or even a better solution to go with?

Thanks for advice.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

I seriously doubt any such thing exists. Your only option is probably to use multiple stereo speaker switchers wired backwards. However, I don’t think any of these are “A” or “B” only, but also have the option for “A” + “B”, which of course runs the risk of damage to the amplifiers if they somehow end up with both engaged. The .1 will require a separate line-level switching device.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

thxbest

Grip
Real Name
sean
schan1269 said:
Why do you think you need to do this?
I want to do a comparison between both AVRs without having to hook up speaker wires on each amp every time.

Is there any solution for that?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No, there is not a solution for this. The hackjob end around is to buy 4 speaker switches and wire them backwards(as said before).

What are these two AVR?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
thxbest said:
I want to do a comparison between both AVRs without having to hook up speaker wires on each amp every time.

Is there any solution for that?
Seems like you need a booth monitor as you can pass the amp outputs to the booth monitor amp input returns then you can connect a RTA or oscilloscope and volt meter up to test output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks