What's new

Twister DTS Question. (1 Viewer)

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
When I saw Twister in the theater, it was in DTS. The one thing that I noticed that stuck with me is in the scene near the end where they are riding through the corn field. The sound of the corn stalks hitting the truck were all around you and behind you. When I got the DVD in DD 5.1 I never heard this, just air in the surround channels. Well tonight I am going to upgrade to a DTS reciever, what I want to know from someone who has watched the DTS DVD. How does this part sound, and even if it doesn't sound like this, what is the difference in the two tracks, wich is better.

Derek

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Well, a lot of people will say that the DTS track is better, hands down because it is a "full bitrate" track. It indeed sounds great, Im not sure if that is why though.

I did notice that the DTS track had a considerable amount of extra information in the surround channels. I guess they are different mixes. I personally like the DTS track myself.

As for the conclusion of the movie, I dont remember what it sounded like. I havent watched the whole movie in a while.

Ward

Auditioning
I certainly enjoyed the DTS version. I expecially liked the moving cow sound. It you like Twister, I think you will enjoy this version, however I must admit I didn't watch the non-DTS version, consequently I have no basis for comparison.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This could easily turn in to a dd vs. dts debate, but if memory serves me right, most members here liked the DD track more due to more bottom end. I'm sure a more technical savvy person could provide the link. I liked the dd track more on Twister. Just sound more natural and balanced.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I'm a dts guy all the way, but on this disc, the two are very even. I still give the slight edge to the dts as I feel the surrounds were slightly more detailed, but again,it is VERY close. This disc is a perfect example of what dolby digital can be when it's done right. So you won't be disappointed in either track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks