What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013 (2 Viewers)

Jobla

Supporting Actor
If TT were to release Brian di Palma's OBSESSION with an isolated score track, I'd want to buy five copies of it. None of those five copies would be speculation copies, and all of them would be intended for my collection only. Yet, I can see the wisdom of placing some sort of restriction on the number of copies sold to each buyer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jobla said:
If TT were to release Brian di Palma's OBSESSION with an isolated score track, I'd want to buy five copies of it. None of those five copies would be speculation copies, and all of them would be intended for my collection only. Yet, I can see the wisdom of placing some sort of restriction on the number of copies sold to each buyer.
Well, that makes perfect sense.

John Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Ed Lachmann said:
Now, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA I can get behind, the Lon Chaney version, of course. Nice blu-ray out there of it, too, which probably didn't sell 3,000 units in a week. Look, John, I'm the type who wishes Criterion would make good on their threat and release THE UNINVITED (the '44 one) in BD. Now, that's the type of horror film a doddering old fart like me can ENJOY!
I enjoy the Chaney Phantom and a lot of modern horrors. Heck, if Christine wasn't limited edition, it'd take 3000 years for me to get round to buying it!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I congratulate TT on selling out of Christine (without any help from me!). They need these titles to subsidise slower sellers. One Fox title I want that has gone 'quiet' is The Fly. Is this in the pipeline?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Just an fyi from our facebook page, as people apparently never know the pre-order dates: [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]UPCOMING DATES FOR YOUR DIARIES: Friday, March 1st - THE SONG OF BERNADETTE goes up for pre-order at 4 pm EST. Friday, March 8th - now that SAE have had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations -- this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer. Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon will be signing a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of TT product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.) Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will go up at 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!) Friday, March 15th - we are very proud to announce MAJOR DUNDEE (our first 2-disc set) will be available for pre-order at 4 pm EST. (Disc 2 will present on Blu-ray the original theatrical cut, never before released on a digital format. It was last issued on laserdisc in the mid-nineties.) Please feel free to share this info with all your friends -- we don't want anyone to say they didn't know about it![/COLOR] 1

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Twilight Time, some words have been said that you might issue a classic 3-D title from Columbia. I will BUY every classic 3-D film on 3-D blu-ray that you can release no matter which one it is. I want them all. I'll buy them all. A lot of people here feel the same way. Classic 3-D blu-rays sell here.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Interesting that there are two separate pre-order dates for the two March preorders. Thanks for the update.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by JoHud
Interesting that there are two separate pre-order dates for the two March preorders. Thanks for the update.
Not really as one will be shipping before Easter for obvious reasons while the other right after it.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Originally Posted by Richard--W
Twilight Time, some words have been said that you might issue a classic 3-D title from Columbia.
I will BUY every classic 3-D film on 3-D blu-ray that you can release no matter which one it is. I want them all. I'll buy them all. A lot of people here feel the same way.
Classic 3-D blu-rays sell here.
Good.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, I'm really out of the loop, that's what I get for staying away so long, but why only 3000 copies?? That is an obscenely low amount of discs, nothing at all really, and it's causing many horror fans to miss out, extraordinarily easily I might add because they made the mistake of blinking, on classic 80's horror on blu. I'm glad for those here who are happy they sold out and who got in on this but as a fan of Christine I'm not happy right now I don't mind saying.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Robert Crawford said:
Not really as one will be shipping before Easter for obvious reasons while the other right after it.
Ah, ok. That makes sense.
Keith Cobby said:
One Fox title I want that has gone 'quiet' is The Fly. Is this in the pipeline?
Hope so, either TT or Fox themselves.
Inspector Hammer! said:
I'm glad for those here who are happy they sold out and who got in on this but as a fan of Christine I'm pretty pissed I don't mind saying.
Looks like there is another chance like with the previous NOTLD release. However,it will probably sellout again within minutes.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, in other words no shot unless I live next to my pc refreshing their site every few seconds. I don't mind limited editions but damn give people a chance, there are infinitely more fans of these movies than 3000 that are now simply screwed because they took a nap for a few hours. I'll be visiting this area more I can tell you that, this morning I had no idea I missed out on two of my fav horrors on blu and the bleeding stops now.

kingofthejungle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Heath
I'll second the support for classic 3D. I don't even have the means to view them yet, but I've bought both Dial M For Murder and the Universal Monster's Box with Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3D, just to make sure I have them when I get the technology. I'll do the same with any classic 3D that comes on the market.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Friday, March 8th - now that SAE have had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations -- this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer. Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon will be signing a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of TT product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.) Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will go up at 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!) So, if I understand this correctly, is the deal that if I purchase $100.00 of TT blurays, DVD's, CD soundtracks, etc. then a "reserved" copy of Christine will be awarded at no cost, OR if I order Christine AND several other items totalling $100.00 then the Christine will be at no cost? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks