What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013 (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
RolandL said:
Anaglyph version. I remember those broadcast. Looked terrible.
The only Anaglyph 3D I have seen was the early 80's rerelease of Creature from the Black Lagoon. All the rest were polarized, including, I will proudly say The Stewardess. Several years ago I saw Gorilla At Large in LA at the first 3D expo and throughly enjoyed it. The film is in my top five favorite 3D films. Would love a Blu-ray of this title.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by ahollis
The only Anaglyph 3D I have seen was the early 80's rerelease of Creature from the Black Lagoon. All the rest were polarized, including, I will proudly say The Stewardess.
Several years ago I saw Gorilla At Large in LA at the first 3D expo and throughly enjoyed it. The film is in my top five favorite 3D films. Would love a Blu-ray of this title.
I've only seen the 3D Gorilla at Large on TV in anaglyph, not recommended. Same with the 3D Hondo.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Jobla said:
What about 13 GHOSTS by William Castle?
What about it?--You're not saying it was in 3D, are you? (Although it did use anaglyph viewers for the "ghosts".) But if you mean a general TT release, yes, it would be nice to have the Illusion-O restored, as it was on Sony's original DVD release. Think Sony themselves might be aiming it for the Archive stripped, as it was on the VHS and TV prints.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
THE STEWARDESSES looks pretty good on the 3-D DVD released by Shout Factory. Yes, 13 GHOSTS wasn't true 3-D. When I hear "3-D" and Columbia mentioned together, it's usually the first title that comes to my mind. Now, with the upcoming 3-D screening of MAN IN THE DARK, I guess MAN IN THE DARK is the second title that I think of in this category.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Jeff Ulmer said:
No, it just shows that there is a limited demand for titles in this pricing tier. Had this come out at $15, they probably could have sold 3000 copies with no problem, but as the price increases the number of people willing to pay it diminishes, especially on lesser known titles.
Yes, I have to wait 4 a better price at lease until my new Panasonic 55" st PLASMA gets paid 4.Great tv, also the new 15.99 Samsung 3D glasses work great with this tv.:dance:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Now here this, via Facebook (re: CHRISTINE and preorder dates): "Friday, March 8th - Now that SAE has had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations, this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer. Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon has signed a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of Twilight Time product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.) Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will be available March 8th, 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!)" And... Friday, March 22nd - Available for pre-order: MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) Blu-ray (2-disc set) AT LONG LAST LOVE (1975) Blu-ray (20th Century Fox) Please note this is a changed pre-order date. As previously explained, AT LONG LAST LOVE is a 20th Century Fox release, and not on the TT label -- however, TT is supervising the title on behalf of the studio, and it, like all other TT product, will be exclusively available at SAE. As always, pre-orders commence at 4 pm EST -- only at www.screenarchives.com"

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
I'd like to clear domething up on MAJOR DUNDEE. I am not familiar with the film, but I do know that an alternate cut has been released on DVD and that cut presumably will find its way onto the BD along with the theatrical. I have heard controversy about the faithfulness of the recut version to the director's vision and would like to know if it is faithful or not. I do know that Peckinpah was not happy with the theatrical cut.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Also there are two scores for Dundee. Wonder if both will included as they were on the DVD? Oh well, know what I'm doing on March 22.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Lromero1396 said:
I'd like to clear domething up on MAJOR DUNDEE. I am not familiar with the film, but I do know that an alternate cut has been released on DVD and that cut presumably will find its way onto the BD along with the theatrical. I have heard controversy about the faithfulness of the recut version to the director's vision and would like to know if it is faithful or not. I do know that Peckinpah was not happy with the theatrical cut.
I do not recall the recut of Major Dundee on DVD inciting any controversy. The film had been drastically cut by the studio, and some of the cut scenes were restored. The film was not "recreated" in any drastic way. They just restored some cut footage. There may have been some people displeased over the rescoring of the picture; but as both scores were included there was little to complain about there. However, there was a fair amount of controversy over the recut of Pat Garret and Billy the Kid.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
David_B_K said:
I do not recall the recut of Major Dundee on DVD inciting any controversy. The film had been drastically cut by the studio, and some of the cut scenes were restored. The film was not "recreated" in any drastic way. They just restored some cut footage. There may have been some people displeased over the rescoring of the picture; but as both scores were included there was little to complain about there. However, there was a fair amount of controversy over the recut of Pat Garret and Billy the Kid.
Thanks very much. I'm sure Twilight Time will include all of that stuff.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Like it or hate it The Egyptian is the first TT I purchased. The movie looks great!! I watched some of it last night and it is worth the money. I am done with the Fox MOD program. I will stick with Fox Classics on Blu-ray but have no time for movie such as Tender Is The Night being release in PAN and SCAN. I suspect the next out on the list will be Rally Round The Flag Boys The Man With No Name Womans World Pince Of Players The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing just to name a few.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Got my FURY and CHRISTINE Blu-rays today. Fans (and/or lucky purchasers) won't be disappointed with these typically top-notch TT transfers.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Once again the Screen Archives site is all Effed up. Been trying to place an order for the last half hour and the site wont let me log into my account so that I can place an order.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Inspector Hammer! said:
Thanks, in other words no shot unless I live next to my pc refreshing their site every few seconds.
Weren't far off the mark:
Christine retail and autographed copies were gone in under 5 minutes. If you are unsure about the status of your order, log into your account and select "View My Orders".

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Not sure I quite understand how orders can be placed if the site crashes like that. Thankfully, I'm not at all interested in Christine.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
What a shit-show. I lucked out on the initial pre-orders. This really sucks for the fan of the films. Shame Shout or someone didn't get this release.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Russell G said:
What a shit-show. I lucked out on the initial pre-orders. This really sucks for the fan of the films. Shame Shout or someone didn't get this release.
Precisely what I was thinking. Considering Shout's latest releases, I'm sure they'd love to have it.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I finally was able to log onto my account and got to the checkout screen, only to have it kick me back out to the log in screen when I tried to finalize the order. I finally gave up after 45 min of this fiasco. Can't tell you how much I despise this site. Twilight Time should find another retailer for their merchandise. Just disgusting.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Richard V said:
Once again the Screen Archives site is all Effed up. Been trying to place an order for the last half hour and the site wont let me log into my account so that I can place an order.
Although I have no problems with Twilight Time's model, I have to ask what this whole Christine debacle has achieved for the label. It seems to me that it has only angered a largely impatient and immature portion of the horror demographic who will now virulently spread bad publicity about TT/SAE. I appreciate that TT needs to have guaranteed sellouts like these horror films in order to finance the lesser-known titles, but at what cost? /EDIT: Just saw Richard's post above - my comment about immaturity and impatience isn't aimed at you. I refer to the more extreme comments regarding Christine/TT/SAE on another bluray forum, where it's really become like a classic farce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks