What's new

TV Shows you want on DVD but highly doubt they'll come out. (1 Viewer)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, series I don't think will be released...not just a want list...hmmm

Primus (Robert Brown)
The Immortal
Prey
The Phoenix (Judson Scott)
The Starlost
The Magician
The Man From Atlantis
The Quest (Kurt Russell and Tim Matheson)

Why? Because they are all one season shows. In many peoples eyes, failures and why would studios want to release shows that failed. Personally, I would love to get ahold of legit copies of them.
Also don't hold out much hope for Season 2 of S.W.A.T. nor Season 1 and 2 of Earth: Final Conflict.

SheriA

Auditioning
Unfortunately the show I want most is probably one of the ones that will never officially be released- The Wonder Years. *SIGH* Would pay just about any amount of money for this one. Lots of childhood memories.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
China Beach - In music rights hell

Dirty Dozen - A bit obscure

JAG - Paramount doesn't seem to be very good at exploiting their catalogue.

Picket Fences - David E. Kelly shows seem to have problems seeing release.

The Practice - Ditto

seaQuest DSV/2032 - Spielberg doesn't seem to release his TV production much, and most polls I see related to this have people who say they'd only buy season one. While I'm one of those people, I can't imagin that's healthy for the series prospects.

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, Pinky Elmyra & the Brain, Taz-Mania, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Freakazoid, Road Rovers, and Hysteria are all shows I want so much to be released on DVD that it hurts. I'm really mad at Warner showing no respect for TTA, A!, P&tB, etc. anymore and acting like the characters from Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, Freakazoid, Road Rovers, Hysteria and Taz-Mania never existed:angry:

If I ever get to work for a division of Time-Warner (like Cartoon Network Studios or Williams Street or DC Comics or Mad Magazine) I'm going to do all with in my power to bring back the Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, etc. characters in some form, even if only in cameos. I have a plan for a Tiny Toon movie in the style of Who Framed Roger Rabbit (with a bit of This Is Spinal Tap), and I'm gonna submit it to Warner Bros. Pictures once I've gain enough respect and recognition from working in the animation industry (I mean, Tim Burton went from being an animator at Disney to a high-profile Hollywood director). I'm also gonna try to make contact with Steven Speilberg (whom I want to appear in my film as himself. Also I hope Steven helps me like he helped Joe Dante with the Gremlins movies), Bruce W. Timm, Paul Dini, Tom Ruegger, Sherri Stoner, and any other "Silver Age" Warner Bros. TV Animation alumni(s) I can get a hold of (maybe even Spumco-ites Jim Smith and Eddie Fitzgerald).

Also, I really want to see the late 1980s Ralph Bakshi series Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures (never saw the show back in day, and I feel I really missed out) released in a deluxe, extras-loaded box set (with deleted scenes, digital versions of all late 1980s and early 1990s Mighty Mouse comics, a featurette on the controversy over "The Littest Tramp", and of course audio commentaries). One thing that might hurt a release of this show is that Bakshi (according to his daughter Victoria) doesn't have a working relationship with Viacom/Paramount (most a result of Bakshi's Cool World getting out of his control by producer Frank Mancuso Junior), but maybe Ralph's old pal John K. could patch things up.

I really want the Disney TV cartoons to be released on DVD, and I feel that they have a better than Warner's TV 'toons, but I doubt that the short-lived but very funny Raw Toonage will be released, at least anytime soon.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I didn't think there was anyone else who saw this show. I can't even remember how many episodes aired. It had a soundtrack with great Celtic music, so I am guessing there would be major music rights problems with this.

Rusty_W

Auditioning
I'd like to see the old weekly wrestling shows on DVD sets. The stuff from the mid 80s to a few years ago. Something like a "Spring of 1994" complete RAW is WAR set as the sheer number of shows involved would make the sets so numberous and expensive to do it any other way. WCW Nitro, WWF/WWE Raw is War, even the shows before that like Superstars Of Wrestling, etc... Not so much as for the matches, but for the interviews and the comments from the announcers during the matches.

Something else is old game shows. I'd buy nearly any game show from the early to mid 80s if on DVD sets. And some with roots before that like Tic Tac Dough, Price is Right, Hollywood Squares or Match Game. I'd even pick up the stuff from before my time in black and white, as I've always had a strong interest in game shows and wanted to watch these things that I've only seen images of in game show books.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I echo myself, Pannozzi and many others...

Where are the Spielberg cartoons? I think at this point that season sets of "Saturday Night Live" have a better chance of coming out than the Spielberg cartoons.

Warner, Gord, David, anybody...Please give us a sign, a signal, anything...We're waiting for these cartoons and we're running out of hope.

I'm a major fan of the Spielberg cartoons...I wrote "Animaniacs" fan-fiction for amost half-a-decade under the name Captain Caps. I would love to contribute to these DVDs.

I really want these shows out on DVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I never thought I would feel so passionate about these shows.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Nowhere Man

It was rumoured back in the winter that it would be released before the end of this year, but I haven't read anything about it since. While the show's conclusion may not make much sense (it only ran for 1 year), there were lots of episodes that were just plain awesome.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I'm definately in agreement about "The Wonder Years." It's a great show with music rights preventing it from seeing the light of day.

The show I really want to see on DVD is "Count Duckula." It was a British children's show that aired on Nickelodeon here in America, and it was strange, off-beat, and somewhat disturbing. The problem is I have no idea who owns this show on DVD. I'll take a stab at it and say A&E, since they released "Danger Mouse",which was from the same creators. If that's the case, a release might not be too far down the road, but I'm not counting on it either. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD.

Others:
Out of This World (Haven't seen it in over ten years, but would kill to see it again)
Amazing Stories (Love this show, and although it is rumored, I'm not counting on it because it's Spielberg)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Here's my list:

Rhoda
Room 222
Love American Style
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
Cher (music rights)
The Hot L Baltimore
Phyliss (only lasted two seasons)

Most of these are owned by 20th Century Fox (Room 222, Rhonda, Phyliss) and...well let's face it. They just about gave up on Mary Tyler Moore so I seriously doubt that we'll ever see Rhoda or Phyliss.

Dan_V

Agent
The Untouchables(the original series withe Robert Stack)
Hill Street Blues
The FBI
Mission Impossible
The Wonder Years

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'd also buy season sets for That Girl. Loved that show when I was a kid.

Also, here's one that I'm sure tops several peoples want lists: WKRP In Cincinatti. The music licensing rights are going to be a nightmare. This whole music licensing thing is really getting ridiculous.

Andy Y

Grip
What about "Parker Lewis Can't Lose"?

That's one I'd love to see released.

It went up against the TV version of Ferris Beuler and kicked ass...

RossHy

Agent
Here's mine:
Animaniacs (the other Spielberg cartoons would be good, too. Come on Warner Brothers!)
The Steve Harvey Show (season sets)
The Parkers
The American Embassy
LAX

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks