What's new

TV Antennae for Bears Fan! (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm going to visit some family in the boonies. Waaaaay out in the boonies. They get satelitte TV, but have no local cable service. And because they have satelite TV, they get no local channels.

Now this is going to drive me nuts. I will miss two Sundays worth of the NFL. And I simply can NOT have this. I was thinking of purchasing an antennae as a "christmas gift," :b but can't tell which ones are "good." It need to be able to get signals from very far away. Can anyone help!?!

Huey

Agent
Most good external antenna requires a high mast, long wings, amplifier, and moterized rotors. Try Radioshack for starting ideas. Lowes Home Improvement has some too. There are some that can be installed in attic but won't be as good as external ones, especially if you live in the boonies. I know, I live about 60 miles from Cincinnati. Most external antenna are great for catching local HDTV also, provided you live close enought to some HDTV capable stations and have HDTV receiver.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
As much as I hate to help out a Bears fan (go Pack!),

Is this a temporary thing? Can you find the video stream over NFL.com?

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Just how far out in the Boondocks are you going?? If we knew how far you were going away from seeing Da'Bears, someone might be able to recommend a antenna or invite you to their home to watch the game? :D

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Hey, thanks for getting back to me guys.

Yeah, this is only for the holidays. But I cannot miss my Bears. I have been following them for 18 years, and have taped a large number of those regular and post season games. (Including the '85 playoff run!)

I think I will be forced to get a video stream from NFL.com. Otherwise, Doug, I would definitely run over to a fellow fan's place.

My god, I almost have tears in my eyes.... :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks