What's new

TV Antenna interference (1 Viewer)

Sergio Guimaraes

Auditioning
Hello!
I'll move to a new apartment that is about 70yards from a TV antenna (Local Station) and a Radio Antenna.
Can I have some interference in my HT equipments (speakers, TV, am/fm tunner, receiver and DVD)?
If so, can I put some kind of filter to minimize this problem?
Thanks for your help. I'm really worried about it!! No, I'm complety SCARED about it!!!!!!!!!!
Rgs,
Sérgio

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Sounds like you need some type of attenuator. You can go to sites like www.channelmaster.com and they make general signal attenuators , e.g. model 2806IFD which takes down all signals 6 db. There are also things like RF noise blockers that Audioquest sells and similar more generic things you can get. I think the Audioquest stuff is sold at www.audioadvisor.com. They are made to clamp on each end of power cords or analog cables. I would also talk to the radio station and ask for help. If they are good neighbors that can have somebody technical at least talk to you. There are also things like copper shielding tape that is relatively inexpensive you can get at places like Newark or Allied Electonics or other distributors. There may be companies that make attenuators for specific frequencies but I would guess if they are made that would not be as cheap as the other alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks