What's new

Turtles Volume 3, Video Quality.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Is it just me, or is the Video Quality on Beneath these Streets just not up to par? Unlike with the Season 2 release, I felt like I was watching my home made DVD version... Don't know if the other episodes are like this, but I wonder if anyone else felt the same way...

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Damn this is out already? Shows how well they promote these things.

I thought the video quality of Volume 2 was horrendous, so it annoys me to hear that Volume 3 is no better. I've downloaded videos that look better than these things.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The video quality got a little better after that first ep, but it's no where near as clear as season 2 seemed to me...

Here's some stills...

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
There doesn't seem to be a thread devoted to the volume itself, so I will post my opinion here.

Watching these dozen episodes again was an absolute blast! I love Michael Reaves's Star Wars books, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he wrote or co-wrote about half of the episodes on Volume 3. This includes one of my top 3 Turles episodes ever, The Old Switcheroo (where Shredder and Splinter switch bodies).

I do think Lions Gate is missing the boat on bonus features, but they did improve a couple of things from Volume 2: menus and chapter stops. They placed the chapter stops right after the theme song, at the commercial breaks, and just before the end credits. This is easy and logical, and I cannot believe that it is not a consistent practice for all TV-on-DVD packages by now.

Does anybody know a customer service number or feedback address for Lions Gate? I would like to voice my desire for some sort of bonus features. I'm sure that Eastman, Laird, some of the writers, producers, actors, or animators would be willing to record some commentary or do an interview.

Barring official bonus features, is there a well-regarded fan site that has inside information or trivia regarding the original TV series?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Not only that, but in talking with all the ones who missed episodes the first time around, they w ould love to re-record episodes they missed the first time around... Only Raphel, Splinter, Don, and Shredder had different voices if memory serves, but this would be a great 'bonus' feature..

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I wish they had more episodes per volume and fewer episodes per disc (for quality purposes). At this rate, DVD will be nearly as dead as VHS is now before the whole series is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks