What's new

TRS to RCA (1 Viewer)

Dave_Mullins

Auditioning
What kind of cable or interconnect to i need to attach an equalizer with TRS connectors to to RCA PRE-outs and Multiple cahnnel inputs on my Onkyo TX-DS898?

Brandon B

Second Unit
Radioshack has some passable gold RCA to 1/4" adapters, couple bucks each, and use one of your existing RCA ICs. Otherwise, you can buy a cable at places like Marktek.com or other broadcast equipmennt places that adapts. Or you can make one.

TRS is a balanced connection, so essentially you end up connecting the same lead (ground ) from the RCA to both R and S (ring and sleeve). Center pin of RCA connects to T (tip) of the 1/4" connector.

BB

Dave_Mullins

Auditioning
What would be the best option which doesn't affect signal quality? Do any high performance cable companies manufacture RCA to TRS cables?

Brandon B

Second Unit
Most of the small custom cable guys seem to make converting cables (catcables.com boldercables.com etc.) for balanced to non-bbalanced components.

For the $8, though, I'd try the radioshack option and see if it makes you happy.

BB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks