TRS to RCA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_Mullins, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Dave_Mullins

Dave_Mullins Auditioning

What kind of cable or interconnect to i need to attach an equalizer with TRS connectors to to RCA PRE-outs and Multiple cahnnel inputs on my Onkyo TX-DS898?

2. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Radioshack has some passable gold RCA to 1/4" adapters, couple bucks each, and use one of your existing RCA ICs. Otherwise, you can buy a cable at places like Marktek.com or other broadcast equipmennt places that adapts. Or you can make one.

TRS is a balanced connection, so essentially you end up connecting the same lead (ground ) from the RCA to both R and S (ring and sleeve). Center pin of RCA connects to T (tip) of the 1/4" connector.

BB

3. Dave_Mullins

Dave_Mullins Auditioning

What would be the best option which doesn't affect signal quality? Do any high performance cable companies manufacture RCA to TRS cables?

4. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Most of the small custom cable guys seem to make converting cables (catcables.com, boldercables.com, etc.) for balanced to non-bbalanced components.

For the $8, though, I'd try the radioshack option and see if it makes you happy.

BB

5. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I use the Radio Shack versions with my Rane PE-17. They work great with NO hum!