What's new

TRON SE picture problem (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Could everybody with this DVD please check chapter 13 4:28. As soon as he lets go of the disc, the picture breaks up for a second. This is the second disc I have had of tron with the same problem. Anyone else? If so is there a way to have disney repress the disc?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My disc is fine all the way through. Is this when Clu gets zapped by the MCP? If so, that's intentional

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
No this is after that. This is when he goes into the input output tower, and tron contacts his user. IT is at exactly the time that I put it on the first post.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing its the layer change. I couldn't spot it on my Toshiba 5109, but it crashed my computer when I played it in the DVD-rom drive.

-Dave

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I know that I'm not crazy now because when I went into Suncoast they told me that they have had other complaints like mine. So I know that I'm not crazy!!

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

On my Toshiba SD1200, I spot a very quick horizontal line across my screen at that exact moment. It doesn't cause any problems, but there is something definately there. It also doesn't look like a typical layer change, so I am not sure that that is the cause.

----

Joel

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched the scene on my DV-37 and it looks like a layer change. The picture paused briefly, but no break up or lines visible. Could be a problem with certain machines.

Later, Rick

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Rick, when I completely dim the display on my DVL-91 it flashes the time display during a layer change, i don't know what other players have that full dim/layer change notification function, but I'll check and post it when I receive my online disc, any day now arggghh.
bodymov'n :cool:

DarrenA

Second Unit
Scott,
OK, here's what I found running my own test. At the Chapter 13 4:28 spot, there are obviously a number of frames of video (30 for video, 24 for film) during that second mark. Using my Sony DVP-S7700 DVD player, I paused the movie and proceeded to skip from frame to frame. Sure enough, there is one frame that looked slightly corrupted. On my screen it showed the image with a large zoomed in square block at the bottom center of the screen.
I don't feel that this is the layer change since it didn't really pause for me at all at this point. However, it does seem to be just a bad data spot on the disc and certain players are simply having different problems with this particular data flow at this point.
I'm not sure if this will warrant a recall, but it certainly is a problem with the disc since a few people here were able to replicate it on different equipment at the same point. I sincerely hope this won't be another "you need to upgrade your firmware on your DVD player" problem!:frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The layer change is right after RAM and FLynn get blown up by the tank, there's a fade out, layer change, and it fades back in to Flynn lying across the frame.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I have a DOOZY of a glitch. On my PS2, when Flynn is talking to Ram for the second time (In the jail), Everything went GREEN! It was some crazy compression problem. If I scanned before the moment, the corruption continued. I had to restart and scan past the moment to avoid the error. Very strange.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

I have that problem as well. I posted it on another thread. Yesterday I got an e-mail from someone saying it's a problem with all PS2s (regardless of driver version) and all copies of Tron (so it's not an issue with a certain pressing). He said Sony & Disney are working on a resolution. Dunno who it was, but since I'm not the only one with the problem I assume it's true.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't even get my tron disc to play. when i opened the package the layers were separating around the center...I just dropped it in the mail today to return to dvdempire...

SalB

Auditioning
Mike: I had the exact same problem. I too noticed the weirdness in the center of the disc. The really strange thing was that it played perfectly the 1st time but NEVER again after that. Every time I would try to play it I would get the "Disc Loading" message continuously on my 2109.

Fortunately I bought mine at a local B&M so they exchanged it for me the next day. I immediately looked at the center of the new disc and didn't see the problem that I noticed on my original disc. This new one plays perfectly everytime.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, I saw this glitch - however I'm guessing its only a problem with certain players. We first watched Tron on my girlfriend's RCA (don't know the model) and the little pixelization appeared on the "transmission to user" scene.

However, when I watched it again at my home on my Panasonic A110, no glitch.

Although I was watching it with the commentary on, but I don't see what difference that should make.

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
First let me get my flame suit on.....
Those of you expecting solid performance from the PS2 as a DVD player to be up to par with units specificaly made for DVD playback should expect lackluster performance as it is not its primary function. Read the reviews on PS2 as a DVD player and one will find it's ability to keep up with even some of the most modest of players is lacking.
Most folks here have the equal passion for the format (DVD) but those who are the really into HT would not use a game console for DVD playback on a primary HT system if at all possible. It might be OK for the kids or the bedroom but not for evalulation of disk problems.
The PS2 is a simply awesome (love playing Madden on the big screen!) game console but is also somewhat of a swedish knife...it can do many things OK and and only excels in one GAMING.
All I'm saying is give peace a chance...ahem no what I'm really saying is if we are to find a real problem with a disk the baseline must come from those that have equipment that is specifically made for it. So if we as a forum need to let a studio know that they screwed up in production the info comes from folks who evalulated the product with equipment intended for its specfic playback.
OOOOKKKKK I'm ready ;)

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
You now it really seems silly that with all the time they take to put these SE's out why don't they just try playing various batches on different players to spot any potental problems before hand, why make us the guinny pigs, what ever happened to quality control ?
bodymov'n :cool:

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I already returned one Tron DVD because of a glitch problem,which occurs when you 1st see Dillenger landing in the company helicopter. The exchanged one also has the same problem.

Since I have a PS2 as my backup DVD player,that doesn't me much...

Anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks